Pretty awesome start to the new year! This weeks finds.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, well, this week was pretty stellar! So, I did my normal 24 boxes this week but could tell at the beginning of the week from the first boxes I might be in for an awesome week, and I was right! I found some modern Silver proofs ( and included a pic of last weeks silver proof score too,64, 68, 69, 2004, also found a 1970 and Bicentennial 40%) and some really nice Au Bu ( not really sure) 64's. So the total for this week ended at 184 40% and 61 90%!:hello2::hello2::hello2: Sorry for the crappy pics, tried using one of my older cameras and it is not that great, and sorry but not many action shots this time around.

Also, I did encounter some push back at the start of this year unfortunatly, I was told by one of my biggest pick up branches that they could only do my orders every two weeks now:BangHead::BangHead:, I offered to split my orders in half to keep a weekly order but she said it wasn't the amount but the frequency that had become a cost to them, so I can order what I want but only every two weeks.... So I went to another branch that I use to deal with a couple of years back to try and off set the lack of boxes every other week (which in the end was successful:hello2:) I asked for the lady that I used to deal with years ago but she had left that branch, just then I hear a voice coming from the back saying "Maverick! Is that you!" Just then another teller I use to deal with comes out from the back vault and saved the day for me:headbang:, ( she use to order for me at another branch) she asks how have I been and yada yada yada, we shoot the breeze for a few and she says " SO, let me guess, ya wanna order halves here lol" I said yes and explained to her what was going on and she hooked me up! But, there is a new catch to this, I can't come in and buy my halves with cash now, I have to either with draw funds from the branch ( which can't have been deposited that day) or bring in a cashiers check, she said it was because of some new counterfiting law or something, she said they had to shut another guy down because of an investigation so this would be the safest bet for me, so a bit of a pain in the ass but still doable. Allright, sorry this was so long. Hope you found some Silver this week! HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• 100_4367.JPG
    100_4367.JPG
    331.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 100_4366.JPG
    100_4366.JPG
    287.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_4365.JPG
    100_4365.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_4334.JPG
    100_4334.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_4335.JPG
    100_4335.JPG
    307 KB · Views: 146
  • 100_4336.JPG
    100_4336.JPG
    366.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_4339.JPG
    100_4339.JPG
    458.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 100_4340.JPG
    100_4340.JPG
    594.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_4343.JPG
    100_4343.JPG
    363.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_4346.JPG
    100_4346.JPG
    282 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_4352.JPG
    100_4352.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 100_4356.JPG
    100_4356.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_4363.JPG
    100_4363.JPG
    351.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_4364.JPG
    100_4364.JPG
    489.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 100_4358.JPG
    100_4358.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_4357.JPG
    100_4357.JPG
    312.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 100_4353.JPG
    100_4353.JPG
    615.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_4337.JPG
    100_4337.JPG
    376.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_4342.JPG
    100_4342.JPG
    334.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're killin' em

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Mav, on these finds and last year's finds. You're inspiring me to attempt some regular orders again. I'm on the box-a-week diet, and I'm starving!

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems pretty interesting. Stupid question but what's the draw to CRH, except for the obvious pre-65 silvers.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Mav, on these finds and last year's finds. You're inspiring me to attempt some regular orders again. I'm on the box-a-week diet, and I'm starving!

Hey man! Wow, how have you been! On the box a week diet and starving lmao, sorry to hear that! Gotta have that family time! Nice to see ya Styfflin! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

I forgot to mention your awesome DIme find! I did catch that thread, just Awesome!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems pretty interesting. Stupid question but what's the draw to CRH, except for the obvious pre-65 silvers.

Hey Rebel, for me it is the thrill of the hunt also. I have kinda turned this into a second (or thrid) job for me, so I am kinda using some of it for extra income when need :BangHead: and I save the rest. My results are NOT and I repeat NOT typical, I could post many many empty boxes that I search also ( but nobody wants to read a post about how I got skunked :tongue3:), I would say I am the exception on here just because of the volume that i search and the amount of work and driving I put in to it. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, I gotta say it is very weird to look at the bottom of the site and just see me Mastermind and Styflin as the only users logged in :icon_scratch:, remember a couple of years ago we could log on and see all kinds of our friends on at anytime? Those were really good times, I miss some of the people that aren't on here anymore ( alot of my friend list lol). Just sayin. HH, Maverick.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man! Wow, how have you been! On the box a week diet and starving lmao, sorry to hear that! Gotta have that family time! Nice to see ya Styfflin! HH, Maverick.

Family time, you nailed it. That, and work being busy, and you've got my life in a nutshell. It's great. My son is getting so smart, and my daughter is getting so big, and my heart wants to treasure hunt so bad. I had to take days off work at the end of last year to do a little road tripping and get above-average amounts of coin. I can make high volume work, I just have to plan better.
I'm glad you enjoyed the dime score. That was found on one of my days off. My stack consists of steady finds when I have regular large orders and dream finds when I'm stumbling around asking for coins.
I'm also glad you're back posting. You provide so much good reading and eye candy for those times I can't hunt. Welcome back!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Family time, you nailed it. That, and work being busy, and you've got my life in a nutshell. It's great. My son is getting so smart, and my daughter is getting so big, and my heart wants to treasure hunt so bad. I had to take days off work at the end of last year to do a little road tripping and get above-average amounts of coin. I can make high volume work, I just have to plan better.
I'm glad you enjoyed the dime score. That was found on one of my days off. My stack consists of steady finds when I have regular large orders and dream finds when I'm stumbling around asking for coins.
I'm also glad you're back posting. You provide so much good reading and eye candy for those times I can't hunt. Welcome back!

It is a hard balance between family and work and hobbies for sure! Our kids grow up so fast it is just incredible! My son is 12 now and my daughter is 5 and they're both getting ready to be a year older here each in in February and March. It was a real struggle for me at first with this hobby to make it work around my job and family. It's taken me years now to get a system worked out with banks for picking up and dumping and sticking to a regular schedule that now works perfect for me. It took a lot of talking with bank managers and just being honest instead of trying to hide what I was doing which i think is the mistake that a lot of people make when starting this hobby, the best thing to do is just to be upfront and speak to a manager right off the bat explain what you're doing so there are no problems.

Appreciate you appreciating my posts ( does that sound right? lol) I really loved posting my finds and talking with everybody on here, it seemed like I just kind of had more time back then to do more of that sort of thing, but you know how life is with kids family and work it gets really complicated where you find yourself not having time to do much of anything else, school projects, homework, extracurricular activities for the kids as they get older really pull at your extra time you may have. I used to do my posts late at night after everyone went to bed but I just found myself being more and more tired and wanting to go to bed myself lol after a long day. I am going to try and make an effort this year to be a little more involved with the forum as I do miss showing my finds with my friends on here and inspiring others to search. With some family members passing away and other health issues we had going on I just didn't feel like logging on and socializing with many people, but this year should be much better for us and my family. Good to see you too! Look forward to seeing some of your posts this year hopefully you have some good finds! HH, maverick.

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing your finds with us Mav and your struggles.

I'm having a bit of a supply struggle myself. Thought I had it figured out on a every other week order from a couple different locations to not over stay my welcome. My odd week pickup called with the F word yesterday. I havent called back yet.

I can imagine the work it takes ot keep a 20 box a week habit going. My problem is there isnt many banks where I live.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing your finds with us Mav and your struggles.

I'm having a bit of a supply struggle myself. Thought I had it figured out on a every other week order from a couple different locations to not over stay my welcome. My odd week pickup called with the F word yesterday. I havent called back yet.I can imagine the work it takes ot keep a 20 box a week habit going. My problem is there isnt many banks where I live.

I haven't had the f word brought yet, "yet" but did have to open a business account to dump with out problems, the business account I only use at one of my dump branches though and that is the closest branch to me, but with it I can go in three to four days a week and dump four bags with out issue and be credited immediately. I still get charged a processing fee each month but save the business fee by using their card for purchases each month. I also have just dedicated Tuesdays to solely dump and pick up, I dump ten bags and pickup 14 boxes, it is a 100 miles round trip each week out of my town. You may have to travel like I do a bit, it kinda sucks, but keeps me in decent volume. Good luck foo hope you can figure something out! HH,Maverick.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice going buddy! Wish I had free time to order some boxes! Last time I ordered some boxes was months ago!

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mav, the bank that came with the F word is a 100 miles one way for me lol.

My main pickup bank is 50 miles out.

I live in a pretty rural area. I'll figure it out. I'm not looking to do much 4 to 6 a week is all.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a way to start off 2016! Fantastic week with awesome averages. I love the variety, thanks for sharing your finds with us! Hope next week is even better. Glad things are going to work out for you!
Hh
Buff

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Another incredible week Maverick!! I'm sure you didn't speed picking up coins right? haha.

Lol, you know me DB, 55 stay alive! HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread