My first Barber half

CTRollHunter

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CTRollHunterActive Member

I had to do some out of town work on Thursday so of course I hit up a few small banks. Was very pleased to find a forty percent silver bicentennial half and then two more at a second bank.

The third bank had $240 in halves. I bought $100 thinking it was a dump. I was right...all the rolls were labeled by date and all clad. I went to work thinking the other 14 rolls were surely all the same. But it kept bugging me so after I was done I went back to the bank to get the other 14 rolls.

Pretty glad I did. I got a fourth 40% bicentennial, a few silver Kennedy halves and these:

20160115_163130.jpg

19 walkers and my first two Barbers: a 1908-O and a 1915-D. I was just thinking I had found about 4000 silver coins without ever finding a barber half and now two in one day.

There was about ten ounces of silver altogether and a nearly complete set of bu clad kennedy halves and 8 proofs in the dump.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, fantastic score!!!

If this post doesn't drill home that you should always buy them all, I'm not sure what will

OP
OP
C

CTRollHunter

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, fantastic score!!!

If this post doesn't drill home that you should always buy them all, I'm not sure what will

My thoughts for sure. Can't believe how close I came to never knowing how close I came to 2 Barbers and 19 Walkers

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to tip the shampoo girl.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
uh, that's a pretty solid find. Nice work. The stack of Walkers in amazing by itself. Adding the Barbers is a nice touch. Well done.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, fantastic score!!!

+1 HH, Maverick.

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thoughts for sure. Can't believe how close I came to never knowing how close I came to 2 Barbers and 19 Walkers

That's one thing I have learned. Buy it all or as much as you can and go back for the rest. Never know.. congrats on that awesome find..

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on finding all those LADIES wearing long flowing gowns. Great job.

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...and I get excited over one 40 percenter lol. Amazing finds!

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JEALOUS...maybe it's more like "I hope that's me finding those one of these days"! Very nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread