update to: are nickels & CRH in general worth it???

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
figured I could show some results for hunting H,Q,D,N &P. Canada cents are all 98%'ers, wheats are sorted by year & MM. errors may be helpful for all to know what years & MM's are likely to have defects. not shown are 15 rolls of common wheats my LCS bought for 2X face, or the hundreds of coins I have sold including nics, silvers, proofs, & high grade clad halves. also sold $143 in Canada N,D,& Q for face with free shipping (sadly the buyer did not adjust for exchange rate). lots of pics comin' at ya'-----:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumright::icon_thumright: IMG_2525.JPG IMG_2526.JPG IMG_2527.JPG IMG_2528.JPG IMG_2529.JPG IMG_2530.JPG IMG_2531.JPG IMG_2532.JPG ----with only 2 inches of snow this winter and bare ground, may not be long before we get back to diggin'. headed to the banks for some boxes o' halves & nics:laughing7:8-):laughing7:HH

Upvote 0

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
P.E.A., nice collection you have growing there. Quick question for you (if you don't mind) since I see that CRHing is something you have been doing for a while. I just started last winter when I could not go out and dig in the dirt/sand. I prefer Nickels myself as I tend to at least walk away with 2 war nickels per box. I also hold onto anything 59' and older. I see that you have also held onto some older non-war nickels years and even carded them. Is there a market for these older years? Or is there something about the one's you held onto that I don't see in the pics?

Thanks in advance,
-TwoYewts

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in a word--YES. the pics are wide views, but any nic with mint luster, full steps and pillars and no major circulation damage are worth selling. the amateur collectors wants clean specimens. buy a Redbook to learn which coins have higher values. my best ever nic is the extr. rare 39 doubled Monticello/five cents in XF to near AU condition. still looking for 50-D and the 3 &3 1/2 leggers. snagged a half box and 10 nic boxes today (they are part of a stash of 100 boxes some guy bought back in 2010 on a rumor of Mint ending nic production). all are Strings & sons holed bottom. did 2 of the stash boxes with 2 "V" nics, 3 HQ Buffs, 5 war and many MS 1940's to 2010, plus a stunning die clash. 2 more halves arrive 1/27. CRH sure beats a CD.

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to do nickels quite a bit (they're my favorite I just don't have any bankroll anymore) and I saved 59' and older as well. After saving up about $40 worth of them I just decided to dump them. None were in outstanding shape and it increased my then good bankroll so I didn't feel a loss. For nickels I keep all War and buffs, V-nicks, proofs, 42' non silvers, and all 1938.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread