enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He doesn't mention 1970 halves. It's also an old article. Copper is a dollar lower now. Again, why would you tell others about this hobby?

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Ugh some people just don't get it. The more people that get alerted about roll hunting/what to look for, the faster this hobby will die. Imagine if every keeper coin was as rare as a silver quarter to find, but equally as valuable as they are now. 3-6 half boxes for one silver on average? Usually less? No thank you.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugh some people just don't get it. The more people that get alerted about roll hunting/what to look for, the faster this hobby will die. Imagine if every keeper coin was as rare as a silver quarter to find, but equally as valuable as they are now. 3-6 half boxes for one silver on average? Usually less? No thank you.

I get it, but there is nothing you can do about it. This is a hobby that people try. It's not for everyone. I'm sure a lot of people try it once and get bored and never do it again.

This is not a secret society. It's like hunting deer. Some people like it, and some do not. I don't hear people complaining about hunting magazines, worrying it's going to ruin the hobby. If your so worried about CRH then you should be lobbying to shut this website down. CRH has gone on since they stopped putting silver on coins, and it will continue no matter how many articles are published. Only way CRH stops is if they get rid of coins all together.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then again the less there are the more valuable they become.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then again the less there are the more valuable they become.

Sorry but your theory is not correct here. Just because they are found CRH doesn't mean they cease to exist. We may find less CRH but there is already a finite number out there and the only reason we find them is because some bozo is dumping them back into circulation. Silver coins value is based off their mintage. Not how many can be found CRH.

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say the worse part of this article is that it has a link right here to t-net! Anyway to make that link not work?? I agree that not everyone who reads the article will just start buying coins, but reading the stories from everyone here might bring us some new hunters, and all kinds of advice saying not to get discouraged when they don't get lucky right away... but like others have said, once reality sets in they will drop like flies... another reason I am happy I'm at the point were I know a few tellers who will help me out

Last edited:

ceeemeee

Jul 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 20 month old article? Why does that bother people?

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps there is a bright side - if new searchers boost interest in coin collecting perhaps our numismatic coins will be worth more over time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread