Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to fourteen banks Friday looking mostly for CWR halves. One teller (not the one I was at) had twenty dollars in dollar coins. I heard the clinking of silver as the coins took forever to get down the line... by the time the coins made it down the line to my teller there were only $17 in Ikes... so it goes. I knew there was a sniper there I just hate when they wait and do it in front of you. Then I found a $200 clad dump, two loose rolls and a few loose coins for a total of $0 silver/ proof/ error. Today I did five banks and found ... $0 in halves. I've been doing crw dimes when halves are dry and found $0 in silver dimes so far. My weekly goal is to as long and far as it takes to not get skunked. Last week I was saved by 1 lone 67 half. Sorry but I had to gripe about the tough times. How's everyone else making out?

Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the streaky no rthymn or reason CRH world

Masao

Aug 13, 2014
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
Other
I use to get the boxes with 2 layers and they had more silver. Now most of the local banks use the single layer boxes and these have much less silver.

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tommy I can def understand but I've not been hunting for to long. I know it's a rush. You have have your good days and not so good days. My best last year were when I went thru small dry spells. Worth the wait my friend. In the meantime I'll hit TS's and GW's and keep my momentum in other forms of silver...

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I use to get the boxes with 2 layers and they had more silver. Now most of the local banks use the single layer boxes and these have much less silver.

That's funny. I think the opposite out here. I got ripped off $20 on a double stacked box weeks ago. It was missing 2 rolls. The flat boxes used to have holes that one could check to see if all the contents were there first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread