Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never found a 90% half dollar in a reject bin before, but have found 40%. This was at td bank.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Ive never seen any

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen one get rejected repeatedly. I'm sure it absolutely depends on the machine though.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, the other day, the coin machine took about 100 out of 120 zinc pennies that had holes in them and all were partial eaten away. They were recovered on the beach. It even took some that was rejected by the clerk at the 7-11.
Of course I had dropped them in the tumbler with walnut shells, water and a squirt of dish soap overnight first.
The ones rejected were all down to 65% or less of their former self.:hello2:

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area coinstars will reject 40% ers. So will the Allison Cummings coin machines.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody know if a coin sorting machine set to reject 90% silver half dollar coins will also reject the 40% silver half dollar coins? Thanks.

:dontknow: At the bank where I dump, I've found both 90% & 40% (more 40% than 90%) halves in the reject chute. But I've also seen 40% & 90% halves in the bag when they open up the machine to change the bag. I think it depends on the individual machine & how many coins that are being dumped at 1 time.
HH
Gary

sjlund

Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machine I've dumped with rejects 40% and 90% halves. My biggest single reject score was a mix of both, a total of about 20 halves. I have also gotten a chance to look through the half bag from this machine a couple times and have never found silver.

That being said, it depends on the machine.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a 40% reject, but, common sense says that some machines must keep silver because we keep finding it.

It all depends on the sensitivity of the machine. Repair people calibrate it to accept or reject certain coins. Dimes have dried up for me because I believe there were too many foreign coins making it through and there were complaints.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread