No more stackin, paying mortgage off early! Or at least thats the plan.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
No more stackin, paying mortgage off early! Or at least that's the plan.

Hey everyone, yup, no more stackin for me! So, I came up with this crazy idea about a month ago to get my mortgage over and done with early ( I have just over 6 years left :BangHead:) to free up the extra money to do bigger and better things with ( besides let my bank get richer from interest on my mortgage :laughing7:) like more CRHing and starting a new side business plus dabble in other buying and selling that I used to do. I average now about one principal payment a month in my Silver finds so I am just going to keep selling my finds at the end of each month and and send that check to my mortgage in a principal payment, if I am lucky enough I should cut my time down to about 3 years or less, this is if everything goes smoothly which it never does :tongue3:. I put a pick of my log book for this year which shows January's finds, I actually made about 2 principal payments worth of finds in January. Yes I am sure that people will say that I am giving the Silver away somewhat but, is it really worth holding on to each month and paying out about 500 a month in interest just to hold my Silver, NOT IN MY BOOK. So I'm not sure how smoothly this is going to go but going to give it a try, I am going to try and add a few more boxes a week to my searches to try and find just a bit more this year to make up for the principal payments getting larger as the loan gets closer to the end. Having my mortgage done in 3 years will open up a whole world of new opportunity for me and my family:hello2:. Of course this all depends on my finds, not getting shut down anywhere, not having orders missed ( which happened this week already :BangHead:) not getting sick and yada yada yada.... but it should work for the most part.

If you look at my January finds ( which were exceptional I'll admit) I made over $1500.00 in selling Silver, that is about 2 principal payments to my mortgage, see how that works :hello2::hello2:. I sell to Provident Metals in case anyone is wondering. I have checked the other companies and Provident always has the better price so I use them. All right, so that's my story and I'm stickin to it! Good luck to everyone this week! HH, Maverick. Oh and this week totally sucked for me, I ended up short on boxes so only got to search 1 bag ( which was a dump and 12 boxes this week, I have 4 boxes left to search this weekend from that batch but my hopes aren't high at all..... so far for the week I'm sitting at 16 40's and 4 90's whaa whaa whaaaaaaa ???.

Attachments

• 100_4401.JPG
    100_4401.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 0
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome plan, Mav! But why not just sell all of it now and pay it off even faster? I don't hold on to any of my silver anymore - paranoid it's gonna go down to nothing.

Hey BB, I guess I could sell what I have stock piled but at today's prices it won't really be enough. I want to keep what I have for the "just in case scenario" you know. I know it is wishful thinking but, what if next year the price of Silver hits 40 or more bucks, hell, even 30 would make a huge difference in what I'm holding, then I would probably let it all go and be really close to my goal. I've been seeing Silver slowly going up this past week, today it hit a high of $15.10, something might be in the works who know's, so I'm gonna hang on to what I have right now and see what happens in the future and just keep selling my finds at the end of each month to get ahead. HH, Maverick.

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Good for you Mav. I have all the confidence in the world you will achieve your goal. Just let me know when you rent so I can move in and get "grandfathered" in on your CRH system :tongue3:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a box going from all my silver I find yard sales. And then all of my scrap gold goes in there as well. We have our house with my parents and I think we have like $96,000 on it. Supposed to be paid off in 13 years. But so far I have a decent amount in silver stacked up. I would love to have it paid off in three years. A lot of people ask me why I keep going to yard sales so much and buying as much I do but I have a goal and I plan on hitting it. Maybe I'll take five years but we paid off 10 grand in credit card debt in one month. Why can't I pay off that much mortgage payment in five years. This house is basically my retirement account. Minus whatever jewelry I stashed away and my wife's pension. And whenever I put into a Roth IRA. I'm still youngish, I'm 35 and I have a choice to make every night. I can go to bed at 8 o'clock or nine. Or I can sell as much stuff as I can until midnight and do it again the next day. Take care of the family time and take care the kids and take care of everything but I would really like to see this thing paid off in the next five years. I would love to pay the taxes, insurance and association fee on the first of the year and be done until the following January. Which is like $3200 total.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You have a great plan. I paid off my six-figure mortgage in 10 years instead of 30.
Now I'm too cash-heavy!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good for you Mav. I have all the confidence in the world you will achieve your goal. Just let me know when you rent so I can move in and get "grandfathered" in on your CRH system :tongue3:

Lol, never thought of that, you can come and coin roll hunt for a week or a month and up your stash :laughing7:. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You have a great plan. I paid off my six-figure mortgage in 10 years instead of 30.
Now I'm too cash-heavy!

Cash heavy huh, lol, sure wish I had that problem, maybe someday, we all can dream right? HH, Maverick.

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
South Africa has a bank rate of about 6'5 percent...put your money into South Africa and you will get a better return....we have had bank rates up To 21 percent...

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, yup, no more stackin for me! So, I came up with this crazy idea about a month ago to get my mortgage over and done with early ( I have just over 6 years left :BangHead:) to free up the extra money to do bigger and better things with ( besides let my bank get richer from interest on my mortgage :laughing7:) like more CRHing and starting a new side business plus dabble in other buying and selling that I used to do. I average now about one principal payment a month in my Silver finds so I am just going to keep selling my finds at the end of each month and and send that check to my mortgage in a principal payment, if I am lucky enough I should cut my time down to about 3 years or less, this is if everything goes smoothly which it never does :tongue3:. I put a pick of my log book for this year which shows January's finds, I actually made about 2 principal payments worth of finds in January. Yes I am sure that people will say that I am giving the Silver away somewhat but, is it really worth holding on to each month and paying out about 500 a month in interest just to hold my Silver, NOT IN MY BOOK. So I'm not sure how smoothly this is going to go but going to give it a try, I am going to try and add a few more boxes a week to my searches to try and find just a bit more this year to make up for the principal payments getting larger as the loan gets closer to the end. Having my mortgage done in 3 years will open up a whole world of new opportunity for me and my family:hello2:. Of course this all depends on my finds, not getting shut down anywhere, not having orders missed ( which happened this week already :BangHead:) not getting sick and yada yada yada.... but it should work for the most part.

If you look at my January finds ( which were exceptional I'll admit) I made over $1500.00 in selling Silver, that is about 2 principal payments to my mortgage, see how that works :hello2::hello2:. I sell to Provident Metals in case anyone is wondering. I have checked the other companies and Provident always has the better price so I use them. All right, so that's my story and I'm stickin to it! Good luck to everyone this week! HH, Maverick. Oh and this week totally sucked for me, I ended up short on boxes so only got to search 1 bag ( which was a dump and 12 boxes this week, I have 4 boxes left to search this weekend from that batch but my hopes aren't high at all..... so far for the week I'm sitting at 16 40's and 4 90's whaa whaa whaaaaaaa ???.

I didn't see it in your post, but I'm also half asleep as well. Are you just selling off your 40%ers, or 40%ers and 90% Kennedys, or just everything you find? Good luck paying your mortgage off and it's nice seeing you post more on here! :)

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see it in your post, but I'm also half asleep as well. Are you just selling off your 40%ers, or 40%ers and 90% Kennedys, or just everything you find? Good luck paying your mortgage off and it's nice seeing you post more on here! :)

I believe he is selling everything.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

DS! Hey man, I'm sorry I haven't checked in on FB really since before Christmas, I didn't want to throw more tragedy out there but my Grandparents were killed the week before Christmas in a car accident and after the funeral and all I just didn't feel like dealing with all the family's posts about it and reliving it over again, it was hard enough to deal with already ( I guess I should check in there by now). Anyway, hope you and the wifey are doing good ( since I haven't checked) and all is well with you guys!

So, to answer your question, no, I'm not selling what I have already I'm just selling all my finds from this week ( or actually January) going forward for the next mmmmm, well till the house is paid for lol, hoping 3 years. I don't want to dig into my stash that I have accumulated over the years, saving that for the future or the "what if" scenario ya know :laughing7:. I know there was something I was suppose to look and see if I had for you but, with all that happened I honestly totally forgot, I'm sorry about that :BangHead:, I know that's not why your asking but I just remembered. PM me so I can check for you and nice to see ya! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
South Africa has a bank rate of about 6'5 percent...put your money into South Africa and you will get a better return....we have had bank rates up To 21 percent...

I don't really trust or know much about that, but I do keep getting this email from Nigeria that I guess I should check into..... something about the lotto winnings :tongue3:. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread