maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Ram, sorry to hear that, we've all been there, it does suck!:BangHead: Good luck, Maverick.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should ebay them - tiny premiums right now, but you could prob make a little at least.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or try and put an add on craigslist. No fees to pay. You might be able to get at least a small amount over face for them. If you could make a few hundred it would be better then just getting face.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 85 lbs now what big waste of time!!!

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Home repairs not covered by insurance (don't get me started :BangHead: ) forcing me to dump a LOT of cents. Be on the lookout in middle Tennessee...

Sorry to hear of your bad luck RJ. It sounds like you are in an unfortunate position and have had to make a difficult decision.

I have 85 lbs now what big waste of time!!!

$130 is not a big financial investment, but the time to search/sort 175,000 cents is nothing to sneeze at. Did you have a plan for what you would do with the sorted coins when you set out? Or, was it just speculation? If speculation was what you initially intended, you just need patience. No one knows yet what will happen with cents (akin to the drinkable clothing uncertainty).

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
for the small premium it is not worth it. Not if you have to count and roll them. Not any more. Sad but true. That's a good amount to release. How are you going ot do it? ONe dump, or a few boxes per week for a while?

OP
OP
ramjet2187

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
for the small premium it is not worth it. Not if you have to count and roll them. Not any more. Sad but true. That's a good amount to release. How are you going ot do it? ONe dump, or a few boxes per week for a while?

Sorry...didn't see this reply until just now.

Dumping a few coffee cans at a time. Don't want to overwhelm the coin counter. Or the ladies that have to empty it...

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On Thursday, I boxed pennies at work. Someone dumped a Box of BU 1972 D cents, they came in a BRINKS bag... felt the weight difference when i lifted up the 50$ bag, also most of the coins were amazingly beautiful compared to other coins and even BU 2016 coins... They dont make them like they used too...

Jajo

Mar 20, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
That sucks, hope your home repairs go well, but we keep these pennies in case we need them we can spend them, but I would rather sell them to make a profit, sometime somebody should do an experiment, where our whole forum gets one person 10k in copper pennies, 1 million pennies, and look at the percentages of copper in boxes, then release them back into circulation, and see if copper percentages go up at all, probably not, and this will probably never happen, but it just came to my mind and I thought I would right it down and see your thoughts on it. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the time is near to where it just might pay off for us nuts. Do what you have to do but Id say keep them as long as you can. Gold hits 10K copper will be more then $3 per pound:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread