Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found in the nickel box "stash" lot. also got another pretty blue/red toned Jeff. IMG_2614.JPG IMG_2615.JPG IMG_2616.JPG IMG_2612.JPG IMG_2613.JPG war nics are chump change compared to some of the errors we are scoring from the "stash" that was stored since 2010:laughing7::laughing7: still have 7 boxes to cull, with the bank sitting on 40+ more boxes in the vault that they are stuck with 8-)8-)

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What's the story line of the bank being "stuck" with 40+ boxes, and of what?

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found in the nickel box "stash" lot. also got another pretty blue/red toned Jeff. View attachment 1269311 View attachment 1269312 View attachment 1269313 View attachment 1269314 View attachment 1269315 war nics are chump change compared to some of the errors we are scoring from the "stash" that was stored since 2010:laughing7::laughing7: still have 7 boxes to cull, with the bank sitting on 40+ more boxes in the vault that they are stuck with 8-)8-)

Is there a reason the bank can't ship the boxes out of their vault? I am going to assume that they will get tired of seeing them and will get rid of them because they needed the space.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What special about those nickels?? I would have send then back as skunks. Forgive my ignorance since I do not do nickels. Do they have a premium???

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a customer bought 100 boxes of nics in 2010 on a rumor the mint was planning to stop producing. I learned from the teller when dumping some coin. she knew I was a hunter and told me they bought 80 of the boxes as good will for the customer. Loomis will not take them back, so I will grab them using a part of my cash float, still doing 3 to 4 halves a week. these nics are Strings & sons from 2010 so the # of MS pieces plus the nice assortment of errors on top of the regular keepers are quite profitable. tonight I scored a full pillars 42-P, plus some 80's & 90's MS keepers. in a few minutes my auction on a MS 1964 will end, the current bid is $4.25 for a yes, PRISTINE NINETEEN SIXTY FOUR Jeff. go figger that one!! last 3 half boxes this week were--again, you guessed right---SKUNKOLA

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a customer bought 100 boxes of nics in 2010 on a rumor the mint was planning to stop producing. I learned from the teller when dumping some coin. she knew I was a hunter and told me they bought 80 of the boxes as good will for the customer. Loomis will not take them back, so I will grab them using a part of my cash float, still doing 3 to 4 halves a week. these nics are Strings & sons from 2010 so the # of MS pieces plus the nice assortment of errors on top of the regular keepers are quite profitable. tonight I scored a full pillars 42-P, plus some 80's & 90's MS keepers. in a few minutes my auction on a MS 1964 will end, the current bid is $4.25 for a yes, PRISTINE NINETEEN SIXTY FOUR Jeff. go figger that one!! last 3 half boxes this week were--again, you guessed right---SKUNKOLA

Did she say why Loomis wouldn't take then back?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did she say why Loomis wouldn't take then back?

This doesn't make any sense. Of course Loomis will take them back. That's what they do.

Now, depending upon this bank's contract, they might not take that many back at once without additional charges. Or, the bank might have to unroll the coins and dump them into a bag. But surely they would take them. That would be like a window washing company refusing to wash windows.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This doesn't make any sense. Of course Loomis will take them back. That's what they do.

Now, depending upon this bank's contract, they might not take that many back at once without additional charges. Or, the bank might have to unroll the coins and dump them into a bag. But surely they would take them. That would be like a window washing company refusing to wash windows.

That was kind of the point I was trying to make, but I wanted to hear what port had to say about it. I have a feeling that he is going to go back to the bank to get more one day and they will be gone. There is no reason a bank can't get rid of coins they have. Especially 80 boxes, that are taking up a huge chuck of real estate in their vault. They are going to get pretty sick of looking at them and they will be gone next shipment, or they will get rid of 10 boxes at a time ( or whatever number).

If these boxes are so awesome, he better go back and get them while he still can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread