How do you store your favorite coins?

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my current storage setup. IMG_6058.JPG Im looking into a Album of some kind to store the more special coins. Share your coin storage with a picture so we all can see and maybe steal your setup:laughing7:

Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmmm, send your setup to me so I can "study" it

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just store my good finds in air-tites. The rest for in mason jars

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My junk silver goes into ziploc bags based on face value. For example, my 40% silver halves go into quart-sized ziploc bags @ $100 FV per bag. Any individual coin that I deem worth separating for any reason (value, personal choice, etc) I put into a mylar 2x2 flip. I don't own any truly rare dates or the like, but if I did, these would go into air-tites or something similar. Everything but a few "odds and ends", such as common wheat cents, are stored in safety deposit boxes in a few different banks and locations.

drewbaccas

Mar 8, 2013
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455036421.251503.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455036473.493108.jpg . I just started this one. It's a box made for storing photo slides. I picked this one up for a dollar.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
drug store pill bottles work well for my 430+ war nics. even halves fit nicely. all labeled by year & MM. a blank check box holds the 240+ 40% halves. all Ebay listed coins go in 2 X 2 flips that cost $3 per 100. HH

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1270513

Photo isn't correctly oriented unless you click on it.

This was me like 8 yrs ago. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It just got too overwhelming to store it! Cut out the lower end and kept the better...

I went custom for my storage. And if you want to break in, I suggest you have an electrical background. Or 9 lives.

(Sorry only pic I can give.)

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455084190.848970.jpg

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
My junk silver goes into ziploc bags based on face value. For example, my 40% silver halves go into quart-sized ziploc bags @ $100 FV per bag. Any individual coin that I deem worth separating for any reason (value, personal choice, etc) I put into a mylar 2x2 flip. I don't own any truly rare dates or the like, but if I did, these would go into air-tites or something similar. Everything but a few "odds and ends", such as common wheat cents, are stored in safety deposit boxes in a few different banks and locations.

What a coincidence, I stored all 40%ers in ziplock bags at $100 face value in each bag too.

All duplicate 90%ers go into tubes. War Nickels go into tube. All 90%ers + War Nickel tubes go into ammo box. Everything else of any noteworthiness or value go into a flips that I store in cardboard tray small box.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol!, guys I'm talking about your more favorite/unique coins. Not your stash, I don't want to know, how you store your stash of common 90/40% silvers. I'm talking about the more special types of coins that you might take out and show family/friends.

ceeemeee

Jul 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol!, guys I'm talking about your more favorite/unique coins. Not your stash, I don't want to know, how you store your stash of common 90/40% silvers. I'm talking about the more special types of coins that you might take out and show family/friends.

What is special about the 1971D Ike? Type 2? Also, a 1943 Steel Penny?

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
For my nicer sets, I have Intercept Shield albums and Dansco albums (I have a type set album, a classic silver commemorative type album, and a 1964-2001 Kennedy half dollar album, including proofs (clad, silver, SMS set coins, etc).

Everything else just gets put in Whitman folders or coin tubes.

S

stefen

I think that you might conclude that all methods correspond to the type of collection...:thumbsup:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Make sure whoever your showing your coins to, that you trust them with your life. I have heard many horror stories where you show your coin collection to a friend and a friend's acquaintance and the person ends up getting robbed and have there collection stolen. I am very careful who I show coins to. Even then I am only showing them a coin or two. I don't want anyone knowing just how many cool coins I have.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to do olive oil in a little pill bottle. Now I just use Vaseline and a baggie or 2x2 coin card. The Vaseline keeps old coppers / brass etc from oxidizing and has no ph because it is not water based so it doesn't seem to harm them and even loosens some of the crud over time. I am no expert and only have one coin that might be amazing but for the reales, large cents etc this is a decent solution. I picked this up on tnet posts. Otherwise they get metal rot and just get uglier and uglier. I too am looking for a more elegant means of storage. The slide box is awesome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread