What Banks Have yall Encountered with a self serve coin counter?

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Wells Fargo here in Ft Worth with one. Member is 0 fee, non members get charged a percentage.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
If you live in central Ohio you're in luck. Almost every National City Bank in Columbus, OH has a coin counter. They're part of a pilot program to test coin counters. CS Bank has a coin counter, is open Sunday, and it's lobby stays open till 8 pm some days, and its coin counter is extremely fast and always accurate. Both banks don't charge a fee for non-members. Hope this helps at least someone.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a bank a few weeks ago that has a free coin counter even for non-customers.

Their theory is they will recirculate these coins they get therefore they do not have to pay the fee to get coin from the Feds.....saves them money in the long run. I love it because it is perfect for a CRH'er.

BTW - This bank is just a local bank (regional)....not nationwide.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
since they have coin counters there, can you still get rolls of coins from the tellers?

Except for one instance, I have always been able to get large quantities of wrapped coins from the tellers.

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Chicago.TCF bank, they also have them in some Jewel grocery stores. 0 fee if you have an account.

Chicago Ron

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Athens First in Clarke County, Georgia has two branchs with free machines. But the machines don't take halves. :'(

I've cashed in over $600 rolled halves at a time with not even a raised eyebrow.

HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread