Did a little hunting today

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GF and I had an off day today(Friday) so we decided to wander around and hit some banks for silver.
We stopped at about 2 dozen banks. Got around $160 in half dollars and 3 Ikes.
About halfway through our trip, we had one score. A teller tray gave up 12 40%ers.
We spent 5 bucks in gas and 3 bucks at McDonald's and found $28 in silver. Can't complain about that.

One odd thing, and I've run into it before. I went into one bank that had halves but wouldn't sell because I didn't have an account. Oh, well, no big deal, it happens. But when I went in to two other branches of the same bank within ten miles I not only got coins but I was thanked for taking them!

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I WILL SOME TIMES GRAB A ROLL OR 2 OF DOLLAR COINS WHEN GOING ON VACAY TO TIP - EASIER THAN DOLLAR IN SOME COUNTRIES
WENT TO ONE ISLAND WHERE KIDS BEG A LOT SO WENT TO BANK AND BOUGHT ALL THEIR HALFS - THEY WERE HAPPY AS PIE TO GET RID OF THEM AND THANKED ME TOO -
THOUGH I WAS NOT ROLL SEARCHING LIKE YOU - WHEN I OPENED ROLL OF HALFS - I FOUND A 40%
SO CONGRATS ON YOUR FINDS

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet if you went into that bank that refused you, and you went to a different teller, there is a good chance you would get those halves.

OP
OP
markmopar

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A GF who hunts AND is OK with a $2 lunch???
You've got it all. I'm in awe.

She's awesome. Likes guns and history, hot rods(and junkyard scrounging for the parts) and harleys, big trucks(hers is an '83 Ramcharger 4x4) and loud music. She's a cheap date(usually, although Metallica tickets aren't cheap) and doesn't care for gold(prefers silver) or diamonds(except diamondplate). She shares my taste for travel, especially when I find some off-the-beaten-path places to go or urban ruins or down old highways looking at roadside America. She puts up with my odd hobbies and doesn't mind car/motorcycle parts in the living room(as long as they don't leak, otherwise they go in the kitchen, next to my rollaway tool box). She gets along great with my Mom and doesn't have a bunch of catty girlfriends around.

Hm, she does sound pretty good. I think I'll keep her!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread