The day the silver died-- RIP --Southern Arizona

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loomis has now calibrated their sorting machines to reject the silver nickels. This is a recent event. Therefore, all silver is being removed from Wells Fargo bank coinage(and other banks contracted with Loomis). All silver halves, quarters, dimes, and nickels are being eliminated at the Loomis distribution point. Yeah, it sucks. I am thoroughly bummed out. One of my favorite hobbies is gone. Wonder which area of the country will be next? The hobby is ruined for hundreds of people here in Southern Arizona. :sad10: RIP

Upvote 0

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only read the link you gave me which was vague. I read the link provided. I didn't go into all his other posts. If that is correct, then I stand corrected. My apology on that one.

I don't know if those other posters from Boise ID or Kansas City MO are regular posters. Though.

Yeah, I only spent a few minutes on it and was lucky to find some stuff without a lot of effort. There really are members from all over the US and Canada. Regular or not would take some research.

In any event, I don't want to be argumentative. This topic is not a cause that I am passionate about. It certainly does not warrant protracted conflict (IMO).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread