The day the silver died-- RIP --Southern Arizona - Page 7
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The day the silver died-- RIP --Southern Arizona

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by enamel7 View Post
    I think I remember at one time it was nearly impossible to find silver in Michigan. Seems there was a company removing the silver from circulation. Any other old timers like myself remember that?
    I recall a thread about MI being dry but I don't recall a thread about a company removing silver from there. I recall folks talked about how bad the odds/ratios are there. I had a co-worker who had recently been to MI and he has family there. He said that he got 50 cent pieces as change in various venues there. I don't know who is or what business is using halves there but if halves get circulated like quarters frequently, silver tends to disappear faster.

There should be a thread for discussing the skunkyiest skunksville areas in the U.S. LOL
    Last edited by SFBayArea; Feb 22, 2016 at 07:19 PM.

Sep 2012
    539 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by SFBayArea View Post
    What about ?
    Boise ID?
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/co...ml#post2491750
    First Find!
    New to CRH
    Atlanta GA?
    BUYING BAGS OFF THE MACHINE
    First coin show Saturday
    Kansas City MO?
    Where you from? Lets see if theres any overlap, chance for partnerships.
    Canvas Bank Bag Score
    Locations
    mxh5891 likes this.

Feb 2013
    517 times

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT
    31 times
    I don't see anyone from Atlanta GA listed. I've investigated your posts, where is the regular forum poster from Atlanta GA? You found someone from GA but it could be Perry as well. The member doesn't say where he's from specifically. Sure it may serve the Atlanta FED but Atlanta FED serves a large area including other states other than GA. That's like me requesting you find a forum member from San Francisco CA and you found a member in Sacramento CA. It doesn't say specifically where the member is from.

Even in my area, there is more than one coin sorting facility. BTW San Francisco FED also serves other states like AZ. Just because a member says they're from a FED district, it means nothing. It is very vague. Someone from Northern AZ awhile back mentioned that it wasn't dry there.

I mentioned regular posters, some people will start their forum ID, post a few, then stop for whatever reason. People have various reasons why they don't post or stop posting here.
    Last edited by SFBayArea; Feb 23, 2016 at 06:39 AM.

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mxh5891 View Post
    I wonder how many more places he is going to come up with until he realizes I was right?
    See above response.
    Last edited by SFBayArea; Feb 23, 2016 at 06:42 AM.

Feb 2013
    517 times
    I don't see anyone from Atlanta GA listed. I've investigated your posts, where is the regular forum poster from Atlanta GA? You found someone from GA but it could be Perry as well. The member doesn't say where he's from specifically. Sure it may serve the Atlanta FED but Atlanta FED serves a large area including other states other than GA. That's like me requesting you find a forum member from San Francisco CA and you found a member in Sacramento CA. It doesn't say specifically where the member is from.

Even in my area, there is more than one coin sorting facility. BTW San Francisco FED also serves other states like AZ. Just because a member says they're from a FED district, it means nothing. It is very vague. Someone from Northern AZ awhile back mentioned that it wasn't dry there.

I mentioned regular posters, some people will start their forum ID, post a few, then stop for whatever reason. People have various reasons why they don't post or stop posting here.

St. Paul MN?
    SMH...I see your the type of guy that has to be right, no matter how silly they look. Why can't you just admit that this forum has members from a large area of this country? You randomly picked places to see if there are members there and members either answered you, or looschange found posts from members from those areas. While we can never prove the question of loomis culling silver unless we went undercover in the coin facility. We can at least agree that this forum encompasses a large area of the US.

Sep 2012
    539 times
    I don't see anyone from Atlanta GA listed. I've investigated your posts, where is the regular forum poster from Atlanta GA? ...
    Look harder.

...It doesn't say specifically where the member is from...
    Does too.

...I mentioned regular posters, some people will start their forum ID, post a few, then stop for whatever reason. People have various reasons why they don't post or stop posting here...
    The member that said they are specifically from Atlanta has over 1000 posts with the most recent one being yesterday and an average post rate of over 0.7 per day. I'd call that a regular poster - IMO.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32695 times
    mxh, some of your posts are coming off as condescending please stop.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Feb 23, 2016 at 07:01 AM.
    7up2000 likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mxh5891 View Post
    SMH...I see your the type of guy that has to be right, no matter how silly they look. Why can't you just admit that this forum has members from a large area of this country? You randomly picked places to see if there are members there and members either answered you, or looschange found posts from members from those areas. While we can never prove the question of loomis culling silver unless we went undercover in the coin facility. We can at least agree that this forum encompasses a large area of the US.
    I'm just getting specific into details. Like I said, I don't like to generalize. If someone is from Perry GA, it's not ATL, they're 100 miles apart. The poster member mentioned by Loose Change doesn't say if they live in ATL. I'm used to having provide evidence to court. One can't be general when it comes to that. It's obvious we come from different areas in life and different ways of thinking. I guess that's why I have to sometimes tell you to go back to read my posts again.

I NEVER SAID the forum doesn't have members all over the country. Some areas may have Tnet members and some don't. If I wanted to name a small town USA that doesn't have a Tnet member, I could. For example Chico CA. I threw out some larger areas. I said we just don't know if culling isn't happening elsewhere, if it's happening in AZ like jrf30 said. Even if it is happening in their area, members might not post it. Some may not be serious CRHers and just gave up. They realized it wasn't worth the time and effort. From what I understand, you believe that others here would've reported it here already if they suspected culling by the facilities and that's why you're suspicious of what the OP and jrf30 wrote. My point is that is may also be possible that members aren't posting culling because they've given up or for that matter just don't want to post here. Basically you see the glass half full, I see it as half empty or vice versa.

It is correct that we don't know for sure what is going on the Loomis facility in Southern AZ. I am just taking jrf30 at his word but you are not. So there lies the glass half full/half empty debate.

That's why I recommended the OP to try a different venue in his area. My area has more than one venue for sorting coins. If the Loomis boxes are absolute skunks, then try Brinks. I'd like to hear the results since it is an interesting topic.
    Last edited by SFBayArea; Feb 23, 2016 at 07:37 AM.

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LooseChange View Post
    Look harder.

Does too.

The member that said they are specifically from Atlanta has over 1000 posts with the most recent one being yesterday and an average post rate of over 0.7 per day. I'd call that a regular poster - IMO.
    I only read the link you gave me which was vague. I read the link provided. I didn't go into all his other posts. If that is correct, then I stand corrected. My apology on that one.

I don't know if those other posters from Boise ID or Kansas City MO are regular posters. Though.
    Last edited by SFBayArea; Feb 23, 2016 at 07:21 AM.

Sep 2012
    539 times
    I only read the link you gave me which was vague. I read the link provided. I didn't go into all his other posts. If that is correct, then I stand corrected. My apology on that one.

I don't know if those other posters from Boise ID or Kansas City MO are regular posters. Though.
    Yeah, I only spent a few minutes on it and was lucky to find some stuff without a lot of effort. There really are members from all over the US and Canada. Regular or not would take some research.

In any event, I don't want to be argumentative. This topic is not a cause that I am passionate about. It certainly does not warrant protracted conflict (IMO).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links