Two of a kind...............

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
............but not ones you might like.

Picked up two "pizza boxes" (10x5x1) of halves from one of my usual banks that only had given me 5x5x2s before.

Riding home I looked through the holes and saw only shiny coins "looking" back at me. I was worried.

Once home and having opened the boxes. My worst fear was realized.

Though I never opened any of the rolls, all that were heads facing out were brand new 94D; and the rest were just as shiny. That's all from both boxes !

That was good enough for me to not waste my time with them, promptly returned them to the bank; and to a bank where I don't have an account.

I think I'll still count them as box #s 141 & 142 for the year, as I did open the cardboard, and just made an educated guess from what I saw without opening any of the rolls.

Oh well, picking up between another two and four boxes yet this week.

Upvote 0

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that all date boxes showed up. I dread an all date bag. How many would you have to go through to be sure? Shudder.

Better luck with the next two.

HH.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Knowing me, I'd actually be foolish enough to search them all. Better luck next time.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bites Thurm! I am sorry to hear that.

I got one like that in the past but not two....ouch. I did keep an unopened roll from the box. It might be worth something 200 years from now.....ha! Someone may benefit from it.

Good luck on the next 6 boxes you mentioned. Keep us posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread