1975-D jefferson mint mark at left of 5 EXTREMELY RARE???

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found in a roll from one of my "stash" boxes. research shows it to be extremely rare and that Q. David Bowers is looking for a sample with a bounty of $500 to the supplier. info from Coinnews article 12/15. Caution: photo may induce drooling. IMG_2705.JPG IMG_2703.JPG IMG_2704.JPG standard strike photo for comparison

Upvote 0

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been searching for one for awhile. I want one I am so jealous. If anyone knows where I can buy one at please let me know. I have tried ebay but no luck.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Hmm is there a notation from CONCECA or FS for that variety? I'll keep an eye out for it now.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to reread the article. He stated that he is looking for one in MINT STATE, and unfortunately your example would not fall into that category.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
That specific error and year are mentioned in the red book. Pretty cool.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks to all for the input. listed it at 5 PM today for $28.99. 1st bid came within 4 hours. sent email to Mike Diamond, he gave me a good starting point, which I bumped up a tad. the '74 Jeff median split die error I posted last week sold today at $23.50. grabbed 2 more "stash" nickel boxes from the bank today, only a few more left in the vault, seems those pesky business accounts have been gnawing on my tree ( as the Geico guy said---get away from my wood you danged woodchucks). 2 boxes of halves on 3/2 with 4 more on 3/4. hope to end a 4 week silver skunk slump. HH

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks to all for the input. listed it at 5 PM today for $28.99. 1st bid came within 4 hours. sent email to Mike Diamond, he gave me a good starting point, which I bumped up a tad. the '74 Jeff median split die error I posted last week sold today at $23.50. grabbed 2 more "stash" nickel boxes from the bank today, only a few more left in the vault, seems those pesky business accounts have been gnawing on my tree ( as the Geico guy said---get away from my wood you danged woodchucks). 2 boxes of halves on 3/2 with 4 more on 3/4. hope to end a 4 week silver skunk slump. HH

Is there a reason why you don't just make a large pick up of all the nickel boxes instead of getting 2 at a time? If i had boxes that were producing so well I would do everything in my power to get them. Otherwise you cant complain about about the pesky business accounts getting them. They have been sitting there for a few weeks now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cash float is $1600 this month, with 6 half boxes being picked up this week there is a lot of dump & buy going on. if I had $8800 to play with, I would have taken all the boxes in one day!! just making the best of what I have have to work with. current box has a 45P, '60 MS & '94P die crack with 15 rolls left.
Is there a reason why you don't just make a large pick up of all the nickel boxes instead of getting 2 at a time? If i had boxes that were producing so well I would do everything in my power to get them. Otherwise you can complain about about the pesky business accounts getting them. They have been sitting there for a few weeks now.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sold today on Ebay for $54. 2 bidders got in a fight over it:--))

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
always a struggle to decide on having a coin like that certified. like the "wounded bison" I got it this week plus a "new" variety I have named the "tranquil bison"--- a die gouge from the lower serif of "D" to the base of tail. Mike Diamond says it "may not" be of interest to collectors. Hey, I got an error no one else has found---I'll take it. both listed in my Ebay store.
Nice going!

Have we both participated in setting a price trend? Don't think I've seen any others offered.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread