1456871744459.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe try dimes ugotit? You'd get a lot more silver that way for sure. Unless this is just a fluke and you usually find moreon average from 20 boxes. Hell even 20 boxes of quarters likely wouldve given more silver than this. Good luck in the future with whatever you decide to do.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe try dimes ugotit? You'd get a lot more silver that way for sure. Unless this is just a fluke and you usually find moreon average from 20 boxes. Hell even 20 boxes of quarters likely wouldve given more silver than this. Good luck in the future with whatever you decide to do.

Quarters are the toughest to find silver in. He would be lucky to find one silver quarter in 20 boxes. Halves boxes have the most potential to find big silver scores. If the OP keeps it up he will on average find more silver ounces if he searches halves rather then dimes or quarters.

I can't imagine trying to dump 20 boxes halves. I have a hard time dumping one and feel bad when i do. I mostly search CWR of dimes nickels and pennies these days and its super easy to dump now I have opened a TD bank account and just use their machine.

jasonscoins

Apr 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rather than your results, I am more interested in seeing/hearing how you pick up 20 boxes and dump 20 boxes of halves!

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Quarters are the toughest to find silver in. He would be lucky to find one silver quarter in 20 boxes. Halves boxes have the most potential to find big silver scores. If the OP keeps it up he will on average find more silver ounces if he searches halves rather then dimes or quarters.

I can't imagine trying to dump 20 boxes halves. I have a hard time dumping one and feel bad when i do. I mostly search CWR of dimes nickels and pennies these days and its super easy to dump now I have opened a TD bank account and just use their machine.

Not to come off as rude mxh, but I know quarters produce poorly and I know halves are the go to for silver. That's why almost everyone hear makes them their main focus. I'm not a n00b by any means to the game. Not saying that you implied I was either, just stating I know what's what. I suggested quarters because I believe they wouldve likely given more silver than 3 measly 40%. I thought the average (roughly of course) for quarters was 1 silver in about 3-6 boxes. Using that math, he likely would've gotten 2-4 silvers which in total wouldve been more worthwhile than 20 boxes of halves. Not by much of course, and of course I'd rather search 20 half boxes than quarter boxes, but it was just a hypothetical thing if his boxes continue to produce as badly as this.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Not to come off as rude mxh, but I know quarters produce poorly and I know halves are the go to for silver. That's why almost everyone hear makes them their main focus. I'm not a n00b by any means to the game. Not saying that you implied I was either, just stating I know what's what. I suggested quarters because I believe they wouldve likely given more silver than 3 measly 40%. I thought the average (roughly of course) for quarters was 1 silver in about 3-6 boxes. Using that math, he likely would've gotten 2-4 silvers which in total wouldve been more worthwhile than 20 boxes of halves. Not by much of course, and of course I'd rather search 20 half boxes than quarter boxes, but it was just a hypothetical thing if his boxes continue to produce as badly as this.

I actually did 5 quarter boxes last week and pulled 4 silver's so you are correct

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I always assumed that quarters were like 20 boxes per silver or worse. I guess it depends on your area or your luck.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
I always assumed that quarters were like 20 boxes per silver or worse. I guess it depends on your area or your luck.

I have found they are hit and miss. I have gone spans of 10+ boxes with no silver's and hit on multiple boxes in a row. Quarters are much harder to anticipate what your going to get then say dimes or nickels

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I don't come anywhere close to 1 silver per 3-6 boxes of quarters. More like 1 per 15-20 boxes, though I wouldn't know because I don't have the patience to do them anymore.

3x 40% out of 20 boxes ducks too tho. Lately I've been finding about one 40% per box, which is bad enough.

Jyorsky

Sep 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
AT GOLD
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
comments from the peanut gallery
that a whole lotta work for a couple of coins...just sayin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread