Dream day...

CTRollHunter

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a few bank visits yesterday...with good results. I started out at my home town bank that had two boxes of halves waiting for me. Just 2 40%ers in those boxes. So I decided to visit a few more banks in search of CWR. The first five banks yielded just two more 40%ers. The next bank had just $1 in halves, but one was an XF 1949 Ben Franklin.

I was already happy with my results, but the next bank was even better. From 3 rolls, I got 30 more 40%ers. One roll was solid 1967.
At this point I am having a good day. In less than two hours I have 5 ounces of silver.

But the fun is just getting started. There is another branch of the same bank in the same town. So I go there. They have $250 in CWR halves in the vault. I buy them praying they will be as good as the first three rolls from the other branch. Well, they weren't quite as good percentage-wise but they were even better in volume:

Franklins: 1
90%ers: 9
40%ers: 76

For the day, 2 Franklins, 9 90% Kennedy and 110 40% Kennedy halves. That's 121 silver halves (6 rolls!) totaling just over 20 ounces!

2016-03-07.jpg

If a dream box is 100+ silver coins, this was certainly a dream day. My luck so far this year has been crazy. How much longer can it hold?

Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, I am jealous, but happy for you.

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a few bank visits yesterday...with good results. I started out at my home town bank that had two boxes of halves waiting for me. Just 2 40%ers in those boxes. So I decided to visit a few more banks in search of CWR. The first five banks yielded just two more 40%ers. The next bank had just $1 in halves, but one was an XF 1949 Ben Franklin.

I was already happy with my results, but the next bank was even better. From 3 rolls, I got 30 more 40%ers. One roll was solid 1967.
At this point I am having a good day. In less than two hours I have 5 ounces of silver.

But the fun is just getting started. There is another branch of the same bank in the same town. So I go there. They have $250 in CWR halves in the vault. I buy them praying they will be as good as the first three rolls from the other branch. Well, they weren't quite as good percentage-wise but they were even better in volume:

For the day, 2 Franklins, 9 90% Kennedy and 110 40% Kennedy halves. That's 121 silver halves (6 rolls!) totaling just over 20 ounces!

View attachment 1282987

If a dream box is 100+ silver coins, this was certainly a dream day. My luck so far this year has been crazy. How much longer can it hold?

Congrats on ur dream day.. I have had better luck with some traveling and searching CWR. I hope I have my dream day too...

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a sweet day of hunting! Congrats on that pile of silver. Reminds me of when I started out hunting halves - now there's so much competition you don't see scores like that too often.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Great score! I always have pretty awful luck hunting CWR, never come close to anything like this!

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FANTASTIC DAY FOR YOU!!! NOW THATS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE! HAPPY HUNTING IN THE FUTURE!!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for making me fell so woefully inadequate. I will now go sulk on the couch. GREAT HAUL!!

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1282987

:occasion14: That definitely is a dream day. Gotta love those cwrs. Congrats to the max on a great silver total. Hope you have more days like this in the future. BTY if any of the 40%s are 1965 weight them as there was a error in that by mistake some of the 65 used a 90% blank instead of the authorized 40% blank. The 90% coin will weigh 12.5 grams as the 40% coin will only weigh 11.5 grams. Also check your 1966 to see if any of them are missing the designer's initials (FG) on the back. That another error coin. Did you get any 1970 40%. That was a small mintage year for the silver halves & is a key date for the 40%s. Just curious as to what state you're from. I think I know. You can tell where I'm from.
HH
Gary

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're on a heater!!!! Best advice I can give is to buy up everything you can and don't let the streak stop.

A few months back I went on a hot streak and just kept up the volume.... It has now ended (sucks coming back down to earth) but I netted almost 100 oz of silver in just over 2 months. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread