Thanks Boss

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all. I've got an interesting story for you. Recently I landed a job at a local gas station close to home. Ive been a customer for over 10 years and a frequent (almost every day) one for over 2. Today while there, my manager comes in with a box of pennies. Nobody here before today was aware that I roll hunt or collect. I said "hey cool a box of pennies! just like I get. Though you don't do what I do haha." She smiled and jokingly asked "why what do you do with them?" And unfolded a short conversation about how me (a roll hunter) picks up boxes from a bank, keep what we want, and dump the rest. She then said "yknow if you want boxes you can just give me the money anytime I make a trip to the bank." I was thrilled. But it gets even better. Later that day I brought up if it would be alright with her while at this bank they have a business account with for me to say to the teller "these are for _______ gas station inc." To which she said yes and also remarked that if I wear my work uniform it would look better when telling them they're for this gas station should they ask. She even said she wouldn't care if they had to CALL her for confirmation. To which I told her I would try not to let it reach that point. Now, for anyone unfamiliar no, I don't search half boxes; mostly nickel and cent ones with CWR and teller tray halves being another thing I look out for. So what do you guys think? Manager of the year? Hahaha. HH everyone and thanks for reading if you made it this far through this wall of text.

~~Pt78~~,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Sounds like a great boss make sure you take care of her will pay off for you happy hunting

joee5

Dec 16, 2015
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Whites XLT
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooooooh, you gonna have some fun now.
Good luck

Top Member Reactions