NYC Area CRHs BOLO !!!

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will collect what ever silver coins I see during my shift when processing coins, and near the end of my shift I will put them into a box. If you're lucky enough to get a box with the 4 digit code stamped on the Top, and both ends, you got a good box. I emptied over 100k in dimes and quarters today, actually looking for silver in that 1.5x4 tub filled with coins is near impossible, unless it sticks out from the other coins, like a Mercury or Barber type coin. Best wishes...

Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you got in as a coin processor now?! The first letter of the company is L, G, B. or D?

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice to think there's one of us (that's not a damn politician) on the inside! Though I doubt I'd last a week in NYC, I'd like to be out there now! Good luck you East Coasters!

Good on Ya' Liu!

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I first saw the inside of the facility I was thinking wow, what a crh dump! There was coins everywhere, even on the floor from where the trucks make their dump. Like coin spills here and there. Further inside where the rolling and wrapping takes place? You can clear 50$ on any given day with loose coins that fall out or from bad rolling... Didn't see any halves get processed, my guess is we wait till there is 50-100k, or it is not worth the effort in switching parts the to machines. I saw a 2002S penny yesterday for the first time... Wish I can take pictures, but security does not permit, if I could it surely will be an eye opener for lots of guys here. To actually see where your coins go and how they come back to you as a box.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, imagine that, security won't let you take pics. Yet some people still think you can swap out coins.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gee, imagine that, security won't let you take pics. Yet some people still think you can swap out coins.

I had my phone with me he whole shift today, but it is security policy to not allow pictures. I'm new to the job and I don't want to risk anything. I won't disclose which company I work for as well. But I will tell you the boxes are the ones with domination pattern on the outside, and halve boxes and yellow flat boxes. I dumped 100k in quarters and did not eye ball any silver. Lol. On the penny line I did find a forgein silver coin, looked like it was from the Middle East. It went into the cull bucket. Once there I do not know what they do with them.... If I was mischief in any way, I can easily take out coins. Then I risk lots of problem, which I do not want. Another thing, I saw today we got a Shipment of coins that came in from San Jose, ca! Pennies about 50k. Me and my co worker boxed them. So coins get moved around the country wherever they are needed.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah, this company weighs bagged coins, that is how they count them. Then it is picked up by us we empty them and roll them, box them and the vault takes them... Our wrapping machines are old, they only reject coins that are smaller than the coins we wrap. Anything bigger or badly damage gets jammed in the machine and must be manually removed. So safe to say we don't cull silver out, unless it's a silver quarter in the dime line or what ever.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Let me get this straight...we've concluded that since Liu21 can't take pictures at one facility, it's impossible to switch out coins at every facility. Seems reasonable...

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice to finally know the inner workings of a coin processing unit, the do's & don't. Thanks for letting us know how things work.

iammoleman2

Oct 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I doubt it is IMPOSSIBLE to swap out coins but I would bet it is grounds for termination. Think about it. One guy starts pulling silver and he tells the guy next to him about his good fortune. The word spreads about the free silver Joe Blow is getting every shift. Next thing you know the whole damn crew is looking for their cut instead of processing coin. Production goes down. Profit goes down. Heat comes down from the higher ups. Any manager worth his salt is nipping that in the bud ASAP.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll type a more detailed description of how my facility is ran when I get home .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread