Found a bank that will order boxes again.

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So one Bank I have a Credit Card acct with will order me limited boxes of 50 cent.
I went ahead and ordered one knowing I have to reroll to deposit in my dump bank.
Got the call friday and picked up this morning, sealed loomis box.

Opened box and found every MWR was uncrimped on the down side. Best guess is they had been searched, returned and reboxed to be sent back out. Two rolls were 1 coin short, one roll one over, so lost 50 cent in the search.

On the plus side a few NIFC late 2000 and the 12.50 I got from the teller tray yielded one 68.

Upvote 0

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm willing to bet the wrap guys saw that every roll was there and simply folded a new box and moved all rolls over into the new box. He didn't even bother to actually open each roll dumping them into the machine to be rewrapped. Saves time and less work. It also tells you that loomis has their own coin wrapping section within their facility. Unlike my company, we operate inside our couriers facility. The best thing you can do is to not re roll using the same wrappers, this way it forces the wrapper to crack each roll and roll them new with loomis wrappers. Doing so will give you a chance of silver as the coins will mix with other coins from other sources.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm willing to bet the wrap guys saw that every roll was there and simply folded a new box and moved all rolls over into the new box. He didn't even bother to actually open each roll dumping them into the machine to be rewrapped. Saves time and less work. It also tells you that loomis has their own coin wrapping section within their facility. Unlike my company, we operate inside our couriers facility. The best thing you can do is to not re roll using the same wrappers, this way it forces the wrapper to crack each roll and roll them new with loomis wrappers. Doing so will give you a chance of silver as the coins will mix with other coins from other sources.

I've seen every carrier repack any garbage back into a box and send it back out, part of the game.... The crappy part. HH, Maverick

Attachments

• Message_1452199596947.jpg
    Message_1452199596947.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 81

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread