New information on half dollar processing.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone,
So today I went in for my shift and I saw that someone had rolled 1 1/4 of a pallet of halves. I'm guessing the shop/shift super did. The thing is, he must have done it on two machines, and picked up each roll by hand and boxes them by hand. Compared to Coins of other denominations, where the Rolling machine spits them out, a conveyor belt takes the rolls to another machine that stacks them into Collums of 5 x 10 rolls. Once it is full the machines stops and someone must step on a pedal and all 50 rolls of coins gets pushed out. If he is using two machines, it tells me that when he dump bags of halves i.e. 1000$ or 500$ bags chances are those coins are not getting mixed up well enough, and they are simply getting reboxed. This information can be used to adjust your dumping strategy, if you have been dumping with bags, try to avoid that, go the extra mile and dump few rolls here and there, or better yet find a coin machine and dump some there. That way, your dump coins have a better chance of getting mixed.

I operated the nickel line today, produced 437 boxes. Saw a buffalo Enders, and pulled out 7 silver war nickels as I dump the bags and notice the yellow toning. One of them being a ender on a roll, that I spotted when I kicked the coins out into a box, it was starring right at me. I tossed them all back into the last rolling machine to be rolled, if a crh is lucky in NYC he is about to get a good box. I still can't understand how quarters get into nickel bags... Must have cleared 10$ worth in quarters today,they stop the machines from feeding nickels into the track. It was so annoying.
On the way out of work I saw pallets with coins getting ready to be loaded and I saw a brinks box of halves, the cube box.
I'm thinking how did that get there? Then it caught on, that was someone's dump, and the box was re used, which I'm guessing the coins were repackaged too. Lol, let's hope it goes back to that person who dumped it like that.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread