A couple of pleasant things and memories of days past.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave up CRH. I cleaned out my stash of silver found from hunting when silver was in the mid 40's.
Since then I set a price in my head of the low price being in the 13's, when that happened I would start
building my stash back up.

Well silver hit $13.xx something awhile ago and has been stuck in the $15.00 dollar range for awhile so I
figured I would get back in the game of hunting and buying. I recently came across $120.00 dollars in
40% halves for a song, bought them all. I started up heavy in dimes and have accumulated seven full
rolls over the last three months or so. Hunting was good right after the new year yielding me three full
rolls of 90% halves, most appear to be uncirculated and a collection dump. It happened over a three
week period at a Wells Fargo bank I frequent.

The point of this dissertation is that I ran out of room in my gun safe and decided to move it all to a secondary safe I have hidden in the house. It is quite large and I keep our important papers in it. As I was going through the safe I started cleaning out the corners with a little vacuum cleaner. It is felt lined and always gets little goobers that show on the black felt. The vacuum hit something in a corner I couldn't readily see. It turned out to be a full roll of Franklin's I had accumulated years prior, I was quite excited. As I started
to continue cleaning, the nozzle hit something else in the recessed corner, a full roll of Walkers!!!!

Couldn't believe my luck was that good at just cleaning. Guess I didn't grab it all when I took the accumulation in to sell.

Anyways, all my stash has been moved to the secret safe and I hit the roads again yesterday. The looks from
the teller, the questions and just the general attitude of everyone in general at a bank is one of the reasons
I stopped hunting. I got tired of it and figured maybe things have changed, nope.

One bank I went into the teller was all nice and pleasant until I asked for half dollars. She got a little
smirk on her face and said "No, we don't have any halve dollars" and the smirk got bigger. Typical silver
stealing profiling teller. Almost retirement age, dyed blonde hair and enough wrinkles on her overweight
frame to bring a smile to a "Mary Kay" dealer in the area.....

Oh well, hopefully I can get the time in to make a roady in the future.

Happy Hunting.

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Freedom, nice to see you., lol, nope things are pretty much the same at the banks, snide remarks and Silver sniping tellers...... Nice to find unexpected Silver in the safe! My finds this year have just dropped off the map again, will probably pick up later in the year I hope. Good luck starting the hunt again! HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread