253 bags of pennies, = 1 silver Washington and 9 silver rosies.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Thou shall not fall to temptation! :BangHead:They went into the good American coin bucket... Hopefully they stick together and get into a box of dimes and the quarter into a box as well.

Liu,

Think you could request a transfer out to Northern California? We could use your kinda help out here!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Took me forever to figure out what you were talking about. Finally remembered you work at the coin facility. Jeez! 253 bags in one shift? You must be in better shape than I.

You found, or cleared jams of, 1 silver Washington and 9 silver rosies? How much clad/foreign did you remove?

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took me forever to figure out what you were talking about. Finally remembered you work at the coin facility. Jeez! 253 bags in one shift? You must be in better shape than I.

You found, or cleared jams of, 1 silver Washington and 9 silver rosies? How much clad/foreign did you remove?

after every shift, we have to weigh the buckets. I got 5 lbs of good US coins, no pennies. 1 lb foreign coins, and 1.5 lb of bent or damaged coins. Any coins smaller than a Penny is culled for me by the machine, which is in a drawer on the side of the machine, that is where i found most of the silver. I was surprised when i pulled the silver Washington out from the dish that spins the coins and sorts them into the track that leads to the stacker where the coins are rolled. It is there, where most of my quarters, nickels and anything bigger than pennies must be hand cleared, they stop the machine from counting/rolling. I also found a Clipped penny, it went into the bad coin bucket. As it will never make it past the track...

85% of my bags were TD Bank bags... most of that 5lb of coins were dimes... must have been like 25-30$ face value in dimes...

Last edited:

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe watch for a $1 Gold, nice half dime, 2 Cent, 20 Cent, or 3 Cent Trime?? keep the updates coming____hope they don't ask you to take a poly about revealing "secrets" :--) TYFYS

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Just curious when you cull out the silver quarter, where does it go after? Do you have to put it back in quarter stash?

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just curious when you cull out the silver quarter, where does it go after? Do you have to put it back in quarter stash?

Sfbay, I'm not sure. I know people from In process collects all the buckets everyday or two. After that what they do with it idk. Today I did 226 boxes. From my cull I found 4 silver dimes, while clearing machines I found two error pennies. One was like 50% off center strike, the other like 15% or so. Looked like someone dumped a collection.

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sfbay, I'm not sure. I know people from In process collects all the buckets everyday or two. After that what they do with it idk. Today I did 226 boxes. From my cull I found 4 silver dimes, while clearing machines I found two error pennies. One was like 50% off center strike, the other like 15% or so. Looked like someone dumped a collection.

It would be nice to know where your silver and error coin culls end up. If the silvers are routed to the appropriate stacker/wrapper machine, then great, but if they go to in-process and then home with a worker, then boo. Error coins should also not go in the trash, so I hope they are at least taken home by someone instead of being landfilled for no one to enjoy.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found two silver rings the past 3 days that ive worked... both went into the foreign coin bucket.. They aint throwing them away i know that for sure... Im going to ask them one day, what they do with all the junk coins and tokens we give them..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread