Made a believer out of my wife

minelab rick

Jul 1, 2006
Charlottesville, Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Going to the Outer Banks this Thursday thru June 30th. Cashed in my silver at a local dealer. I had 360 40% and 140 90% or $250.00 face value. I got $1,165.00 for lot($1.50 for the 40s and $4.20 for the 90s) I did have one 1925 Stone Mountain Commemorative that he offerred me $30.00 for that I did not sell.He was not interested in the Proofs I had found. My wife couldn't believe it. She thought I was wasting my time. Now time to start over again.

Rick

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

minelab rick

Jul 1, 2006
Charlottesville, Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Most definetly bringing the XS with me. Plan on being on the beach every morning by 5:30 AM. We were down there about 2 weeks ago for the weekend and got a few dollars worth of change, and a couple of matchbox cars, 2 sinkers and a few bottle capsand pull tabs. Hopefully the surf gods will be kinder this week.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
They should be better for you... There has been a huge amount of tourist traffic this last week. ;D

I'm not sure which way your coming down, but if you are driving through Currituck (158) just be careful. There was 9 accidents with 5 deaths this weekend alone.
The cops are also out in full force, and the State Troopers have new Dodge Chargers, most of them unmarked.

OP
OP
M

minelab rick

Jul 1, 2006
Charlottesville, Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Thanks for the info. We're coming down from Charlottesville Va. 64 to 264 to 158, about a 4.5hr drive. Coming down I watch my speed pretty close but going the other way the speed seems to avg. around 65mph. Hopefully leaving at 3:00 PM on Thursday evening. Shouldn't have any traffic problems except for Richmond rush hour and I hope we're running against the traffic.That's a tough stretch from South of the Border to the bridge. I'll bet the speed limit changes 15 times in 70 miles.

I was hoping that beach traffic had picked up since we were last there. The week before Mem. day the water temp was 61 degrees. I dipped a toe in and that's all I wanted.

Rick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions