Very Nice Teller

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by a bank that I am not a member of while I was drive from one job to the next. Asked if they had any halves and all the tellers said no.

One teller says, "I have two in my pocketbook if you want those." I said sure. She gets them out and slides them over and I gave her a dollar.

The result was two 1952 D franklin halves.

What a nice lady to sell them to me for face.

Happy Hunting

Vdubguy

Upvote 0

RandyGA

Mar 20, 2016
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What luck!!! Nobody likes to push their luck, but with that outcome I would have asked her if she had any large dollar coins :)

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take your nice teller and raise you a really nice teller. Road tripped this past weekend to visit relatives and as usual I silver mined my way to visit. Stopped at one bank and the teller informed me she had four rolls of halves. I asked to buy the rolls and when she retrieved them instead of selling them to me she brought them out to a desk left them there with me and told me to just go through and pick out the ones I wanted and we'll settle up at the window. I went through the four rolls and pulled eight 40% halves. I took the remaining coins back to her at her station paid $4 for the silver ones thanked her and left!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that is ONE TRUSTING TELLER, with her money none the less. Nicely done.

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Always buy them all. Not good karma to search at the bank and not take them all.

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take your nice teller and raise you a really nice teller. Road tripped this past weekend to visit relatives and as usual I silver mined my way to visit. Stopped at one bank and the teller informed me she had four rolls of halves. I asked to buy the rolls and when she retrieved them instead of selling them to me she brought them out to a desk left them there with me and told me to just go through and pick out the ones I wanted and we'll settle up at the window. I went through the four rolls and pulled eight 40% halves. I took the remaining coins back to her at her station paid $4 for the silver ones thanked her and left!

That's Aweosme!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread