Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

Recently, my YouTube channel hit 100 subscribers and as a thank you, I'm hosting a giveaway. There are two prizes up for grabs:

1. One 2016 American Silver Eagle 1 oz. fine silver coin
2. A tripod and lens which can be used for smartphone recordings.

You can watch the giveaway video to learn how to win one of these items (I assume most of you will be interested in the silver) on my channel.

Here's a link to the video: http://bit.ly/1ZH8mu2

Thank you to all of you here on treasurenet who have already subscribed! I am having a blast making coin roll hunting videos and look forward to providing content for y'all in the future :) Hopefully I can get out and do some metal detecting once the weather gets to be a little more bearable here in Michigan!

Thanks,
- Ryan

ASE.jpg

Upvote 0

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About every 18mo or so, somebody comes along and promises a giveaway of some sort.
I've heard of many broken promises in that regard and have never heard of an expected outcome.

There are multiple reasons why someone would promise you a freebee to get your name and address. Everyone please be cautious and ask yourself if it would be worth $17.50 to you to give your name and address to a stranger on the internet.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand your concern loosechange. However, I don't believe that you've looked into me as a person long enough to imply something like that about me. I have been on this site for 6 months now and I've been actively posting since January. I've put out several coin roll hunting videos and given my viewers a look at who I am and what I'm all about. That being said, I'm really offended that you would shut me down for trying to do a nice thing for the people on this site that have supported me in the past few months.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About every 18mo or so, somebody comes along and promises a giveaway of some sort.
I've heard of many broken promises in that regard and have never heard of an expected outcome.

There are multiple reasons why someone would promise you a freebee to get your name and address. Everyone please be cautious and ask yourself if it would be worth $17.50 to you to give your name and address to a stranger on the internet.

Then just give him your mother in laws address.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Thanks for the cool giveaway but I can't support anything that promotes videos for CRH.
First rule of CRH.
DO NOT TALK about crhing let alone make videos. Bare minimum password protect the videos if you wanna share them on here. When you hit a 40 box skunk streak in a few months you'll know why

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Only videos I like are errors such as jbcoins. Everything else is potential competition. As for giveaways. I don't think he meant you, but people in general. Privacy and whatnot.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand your concern loosechange. However, I don't believe that you've looked into me as a person long enough to imply something like that about me. I have been on this site for 6 months now and I've been actively posting since January. I've put out several coin roll hunting videos and given my viewers a look at who I am and what I'm all about. That being said, I'm really offended that you would shut me down for trying to do a nice thing for the people on this site that have supported me in the past few months.

I know how long you've been around. You might remember that I was one of the only ones on your side when you started posting about your videos. That said, no one knows you or your intentions.

The pattern of your activities suggests that you have an agenda. If that agenda is to build followers so that you can generate ad revenue via your youtube channel, I suppose that is a relatively harmless agenda. If your agenda is to collect home addresses of ppl that you think hold a bunch of physical wealth, that has the potential of being a harmful agenda. Advising caution is not a reflection on you (because as you noted, I do not know you). It is a reflection on the times we live in.

Like it or not, you inherit the suspicions that were rightfully earned by those who've come before you promising giveaways and not delivering.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you please describe what you mean by "pattern of activities"? I don't quite understand how my activity on this site has been any different than the rest of you...I post my finds because I like to share them and when I make an exciting video, I post a link to it. That way, you all can see some better angles of the coins that might not show up in the pictures. I am always looking for guidance, especially with the error coins.

Besides this, I would like to let you know that I understand the paranoia. I would never advice that you give your address away to someone on the Internet without doing your research. But do you understand the structure of this giveaway, or for that matter the majority of giveaways on YouTube? It works like this: I will randomly select a couple of winners from the pool of comments on the video. Upon selecting the winners, I will send these two people and ONLY these two people private messages where I will obtain addresses to send the prizes. Now, do you really think I would go to all of that trouble to obtain two addresses???

Again, I understand the paranoia. You may come back at WHATEVER logic I offer with a "Hey, you never know". But what you have done with your comment is you have led people away from my giveaway by quickly leading them to conclusions that they should have been allowed to make for themselves. Before getting the chance to open the video, they read what you said and instantly think "Oh, this guy's a scum bag". Of course they'll take your opinion over mine, you're a senior member after all.

In conclusion, all of the hate that I have received in the past did not phase me. This, however, is an attack on the person and comes from a seasoned vet who holds the power to change a group's opinion of me. I appreciate you sticking up for me in the past, but I cannot appreciate what you have done today.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you please describe what you mean by "pattern of activities"? I don't quite understand how my activity on this site has been any different than the rest of you...I post my finds because I like to share them and when I make an exciting video, I post a link to it. That way, you all can see some better angles of the coins that might not show up in the pictures. I am always looking for guidance, especially with the error coins.

Besides this, I would like to let you know that I understand the paranoia. I would never advice that you give your address away to someone on the Internet without doing your research. But do you understand the structure of this giveaway, or for that matter the majority of giveaways on YouTube? It works like this: I will randomly select a couple of winners from the pool of comments on the video. Upon selecting the winners, I will send these two people and ONLY these two people private messages where I will obtain addresses to send the prizes. Now, do you really think I would go to all of that trouble to obtain two addresses???

Again, I understand the paranoia. You may come back at WHATEVER logic I offer with a "Hey, you never know". But what you have done with your comment is you have led people away from my giveaway by quickly leading them to conclusions that they should have been allowed to make for themselves. Before getting the chance to open the video, they read what you said and instantly think "Oh, this guy's a scum bag". Of course they'll take your opinion over mine, you're a senior member after all.

In conclusion, all of the hate that I have received in the past did not phase me. This, however, is an attack on the person and comes from a seasoned vet who holds the power to change a group's opinion of me. I appreciate you sticking up for me in the past, but I cannot appreciate what you have done today.

This was not meant to brand you. I admire your excitement and enthusiasm.

There was a member (huntcoinsdotcom) that had a series of "contests" to win a wheat cent, a mercury dime, silver half, etc, etc.

He then PM'ed many (or all) who entered and told them all that they won and that he would mail them the prize. That didn't happen.

The mods purged all of his posts, but some of the discussion is still in the archives. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/261695-where-has-huntcoinsdotcom-gone.html

That member posted for many months before the first contest. His posts were very much on topic and very credible.

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not you, its just alot of people before you doing what he's described. Also the air can be very different as quite a few of the members here have quite extensive collections worth thousands and thousands of dollars. You can see the anxiety this might bring over others. That being said though, there are tons of ways to find out where someone lives based off an IP now, giveaways are harmless because there are other ways of grabbing someone's address. He is just potentially warning people about dangers. I don't want to put words in peoples mouths though, this is bus my opinion on the situation. Again, its not you, it was the people before.

P.S. Most of the people doing fake giveaways did it for the free subs/likes/favs.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the cool giveaway but I can't support anything that promotes videos for CRH.
First rule of CRH.
DO NOT TALK about crhing let alone make videos. Bare minimum password protect the videos if you wanna share them on here. When you hit a 40 box skunk streak in a few months you'll know why

SMH...that's not a rule. There are literally thousands of videos and articles on CRH. There is no reason to keep this hobby a secret. No body is getting rich doing this. Unless your a super high volume person. Most people who CRH quite after realizing that you don't find a silver every time you search.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

Recently, my YouTube channel hit 100 subscribers and as a thank you, I'm hosting a giveaway. There are two prizes up for grabs:

1. One 2016 American Silver Eagle 1 oz. fine silver coin
2. A tripod and lens which can be used for smartphone recordings.

You can watch the giveaway video to learn how to win one of these items (I assume most of you will be interested in the silver) on my channel.

Here's a link to the video: http://bit.ly/1ZH8mu2

Thank you to all of you here on treasurenet who have already subscribed! I am having a blast making coin roll hunting videos and look forward to providing content for y'all in the future :) Hopefully I can get out and do some metal detecting once the weather gets to be a little more bearable here in Michigan!

Thanks,
- Ryan

View attachment 1291559

... After watching the giveaway video, you will only have to pay a small processing fee of $5 to claim your prize. Once the $ is wired to my bank account in Africa, i will ship your 2016 Eagle.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
SMH...that's not a rule. There are literally thousands of videos and articles on CRH. There is no reason to keep this hobby a secret. No body is getting rich doing this. Unless your a super high volume person. Most people who CRH quite after realizing that you don't find a silver every time you search.

Completely and utterly false and every aspect of the post. I invite you to go back and read the some older posts from veterans. We created a rules list years ago , it's always floating around on the thread somewhere. Bad CRHing practices by the weekend warrior can shut down a productive bank quicker then you can say coin roll hunting.
Out of curiosity how do you suppose silver dimes and halves end up in the boxes you search? If everyone knew about crhing and the practices of coin collecting we would be finding silver 1 in every hundred boxes. So the idea that everyone should tell everyone they know is pure craziness.
And as far as making good tangible money crh , again I invite you to go back and look at some older posts. I've seen cars purchased, vacations, and I remember someone buying a 8k diamand and platinum ring a while back, all from crhing proceeds.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
True. The finds pre-Internet days weed staggering compared to now.

Yup, I can only imagine how it was pre internet days. Even from 8 years ago the finds are way down. And the funny part is with so many banks having machines in there lobbies there is probably more silver being put back into the system then before. Problem now is many tellers pull there own silver from bags, and there are to many people searching. I used to be able to hit rolls at every bank on a road trip, now I'm lucky to pull $150 for the day. Always hear the same, "someone was just in and bought them all"

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will vouch for those that say CRHing can be quite lucrative ...

I paid for half of my vacation to Europe (2 weeks in Ireland/Scotland/England/Paris) - for myself, my wife & 3 kids,

And quite a few expensive coins all from CRHing proceeds, including this bad boy (not cheap)...

Some people take this hobby VERY seriously
(Not me so much anymore with silver prices down and my bankroll dwindling). But I agree with the First Rule of CRH, and I get irritated by the videos. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459299394.632975.jpg

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rryanq - the only thing you should get from these forums are advice, information, and likes... Not subscribers to your YouTube channel.

This post has the same feeling as when a new co-worker joins a company and after a few months feels comfortable enough to start selling you Tupperware and if you sign up today she'll throw in a set of knives.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rryanq - the only thing you should get from these forums are advice, information, and likes... Not subscribers to your YouTube channel.

This post has the same feeling as when a new co-worker joins a company and after a few months feels comfortable enough to start selling you Tupperware and if you sign up today she'll throw in a set of knives.

Zomotion- Just for you, I'll throw in a plastic case and a couple of mercs (;

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread