Todays finds, after boxing 518 Pennie boxes.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's finds, after boxing 518 Pennie boxes.

The first was a 64 Rosie that stuck out when I dumped a bag of pennies into the machine. After that was a whole bunch of dumping and picking out foreign coins and quarters when ever I see them. Then when I went to clear a stoppage on one of the machines I was greeted by a barber quarter! Head facing up, staring right at me. I picked it out of the track and looked at it, it was a 1909 D in good condition. Walked by the guy running quarters and tossed it into his machine. Let's hope it didn't get culled. When I was cleaning ip near the end of my shift, in the cull bins I found a 1911 barber dime! Along with a 1/2 Swiss Franc that looked like silver.

Anyways today my super said that all the good coins that i put into the bucket goes into Gxxxx's account... I had 6 lbs of clad non pennies coins in that good American coin bucket alone... Now I was rolling pennies, meaning the banks only got credit for bag value.

My facility has 600k+ in halves ready to go out to anyone who orders... If you have a xx skunk streak, you haven't even scratch the surface of your local facility. Lol, I'm willing to bet there is boxes that are loaded with silver, someone just needs to make a one time 200-300k order.

Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! What year was the 1/2 Franc? Pre-1968 is silver.

I hope you realize he doesn't get to keep anything he finds. He just puts them in a bucket or back into the appropriate coin pile to be rolled up. If i were him I know I would be mighty tempted to keep some loose change in my pocket and switch out some of the coins he found. Just think those coins he found are just the coins that ended up in the wrong denomination pile. Just think how many more silver coins are in the right denomination pile and get boxed up. The silver is still out there!

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
He only boxes pennies/nickels. Imagine the silver going through the halves. One question though, are the really old boxes forever stuck at the bottom? Meaning the boxes never move.

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was always my question. Is it LIFO or FIFO for available stock?

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He only boxes pennies/nickels. Imagine the silver going through the halves. One question though, are the really old boxes forever stuck at the bottom? Meaning the boxes never move.

Yes, been working there for 2 weeks now, those 12 steel pallets of halves have never been moved. They seem to keep a single pallet of halves on the side, and that is where they draw from. I believe once that pallet gets low, they'll start cracking the dump rerolled coins i see in bags on the way into my work area. Remember those are just the boxed coins im counting, Im pretty sure i saw some FED Bags stacked up besides the boxed coins. Those dont get touched unless halves supply drops below what they like.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope you realize he doesn't get to keep anything he finds. He just puts them in a bucket or back into the appropriate coin pile to be rolled up. If i were him I know I would be mighty tempted to keep some loose change in my pocket and switch out some of the coins he found. Just think those coins he found are just the coins that ended up in the wrong denomination pile. Just think how many more silver coins are in the right denomination pile and get boxed up. The silver is still out there!

mxh5891, I gave up looking for silver in 10c/25c piles... lol it is nearly impossible, unless it is one of the older type coin like SLQ,MERC,BARBER etc... and it is on top of all the other coins...

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
So, say I ordered $100,000 worth. How much would that leave you with. Also, how many boxes per pallet?

Also, do you have any bags of ikes there?

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, say I ordered $100,000 worth. How much would that leave you with. Also, how many boxes per pallet?

Also, do you have any bags of ikes there?

At my facility, it would have around maybe 550k+ they will have to go into one of the pallets that is stacked up, take a forklift and start at the top one. lol if you have 100k to CRH youre better off signing a contract with the courier to have it directly sent to your mansion. lol. It is 100 boxes per pallet. have not seen any bags of ikes... gold dollar coins? Oh man, like 12 stacks of them

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
That was really just to satisfy my curiosity. Tell me if you do find a bag or two of Ikea though, I'm wanting to look through a couple. I think I'm close to ordering if you guys have em. You're brinks, right?

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
LIFO or FIFO? Im not quite understanding you.

LIFO - Last In, First Out (You ship out the most recent stuff that had previously came in and have a backlog of older boxes of coins.)

FIFO - First In, First Out (You use the older stuff you had previously and stock new boxes of behind it. )

It sounds like you guys do a LIFO system.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/02/060502.asp

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was really just to satisfy my curiosity. Tell me if you do find a bag or two of Ikea though, I'm wanting to look through a couple. I think I'm close to ordering if you guys have em. You're brinks, right?

But you're in Ohio, don't think my faculty service outside of NYC, lol

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 2 silver Swiss 1/2 Francs in years searching.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd imagine that facilities work similarly. If one keeps ikes handy, then others are likely to have the same effect. The logistics are the part that differs.

Im sure all facility keeps some at hand, the problem is getting a bank to call them and make the special request.

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
My bank said they would do it no problem if I told them how to do it. Brinks wait times so far for a person on the phone are excess 10 minutes. Hopefully I can get through to someone eventually.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told the same thing about the pallets. My uncle said he didn't know the amount but there was 3 pallets that he could see will halves. I bet there are some unreal boxes on some of those pallets.

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe they'll let you buy boxes direct if you work there long enough. Grab yourself one of those dream boxes you spoke of. And subsequently share your findings among the fantastic members here! I did call my local brinks processing dept. And they said they had 8 bags of ikes, all I needed was a bank to special order them. I called my bank as well. Hopefully I see a big bag of Ikes come Wednesday!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread