all good things must come to an end!!

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
Been awhile since I've posted! Happy to catch up on the finds. My main pickup bank since 2012 informed me last week of a 15 cent per roll charge starting immediately. All other pickup banks within a 30 mile radius that I use have told me the same thing. Apparently all service managers were called into a meeting to discuss the charge. Not worth spending $7.50 per box for halves! I'm basically screwed now. Doesn't take long at all once all managers in the region are called into one meeting. The bank has 1.8 trillion dollars and are worried about getting 7.50 per box. Totally sucks!!

Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like it's time to switch banks! Also sounds like that bank wants to be turned into to a dump bank. Or you can switch to rolls of another denomination if the fee of lying applies to halves.

OP
OP
D

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
All other brinks supplied banks are small and most likely won't be able to order for me. Don't wanna dump into those banks, they are supplied by brinks and would probably charge for dumping anyways.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been awhile since I've posted! Happy to catch up on the finds. My main pickup bank since 2012 informed me last week of a 15 cent per roll charge starting immediately. All other pickup banks within a 30 mile radius that I use have told me the same thing. Apparently all service managers were called into a meeting to discuss the charge. Not worth spending $7.50 per box for halves! I'm basically screwed now. Doesn't take long at all once all managers in the region are called into one meeting. The bank has 1.8 trillion dollars and are worried about getting 7.50 per box. Totally sucks!!

This information pertain to us how? if you are cut off, it would help to name the bank, so other people who order with that bank from different regions can be cautious of their ordering....

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Canada no longer has a 1-cent coin. Is only a matter of time before they start doing the same thing here. It's getting more and more expensive to mint coinage compared to the value of each coin. And some want to abolish cash altogether!! :crybaby2:

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for replying. Hopefully it doesn't go nationwide. Sorry you're off your game now. All the idiots ruining it for others...

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canada no longer has a 1-cent coin. Is only a matter of time before they start doing the same thing here. It's getting more and more expensive to mint coinage compared to the value of each coin. And some want to abolish cash altogether!! :crybaby2:

We're not Canada! Lol

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doomsday has come! CRHing shall soon come to an end!

Just kidding! Though, this is one of the things that CRHers dread. I am not going to spend an extra $7.50 per box. This is an outrage!

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Word of advice, take that 7.50$ and buy your silver coins... Lol

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But how are the banks going to afford all the unnecessary employees working in all the unnecessary castles if they don't rip customers off at every possible opportunity?

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only one branch of Wells Fargo near me charges for boxes. I asked them why, they said that all of the Wells Fargos charge. Little did they know that I pick up from four different Wells Fargos without any charges. They just didn't want to order for me anymore.

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also know of only 1 WF charging ($7.50) to order a box of halves. My experience has been CU's are much more CRH-er friendly than banks.

OP
OP
D

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
The charge was immediate at all branches. Hopefully it doesn't happen in your area. You better stay away from the wf that charges. All they have to do is contact one of the other branches and inform them of the charge.

OP
OP
D

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
I also know of only 1 WF charging ($7.50) to order a box of halves. My experience has been CU's are much more CRH-er friendly than banks.

Called a couple cu's today and they don't use brinks unfortunately. Loomis and garda were my dump banks for the last 6 years

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread