Today was a nickel day

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found 7 war nickels, took them and made a roll with all of them on one end. I made 310 nickel boxes today, those war nickels were the surface finds, Imgine what lurks under the rest of the coins. Saw some Buffaloes checked to see if any where peg leg but mone were. Nothing interesting in the cull bins. Saw my manager box some halves when I show up for my shift, they came from Garda bags. I think inprocess takes rolls cracks them and runs them through a counter and bags them. Idk, but he had a nice little pile of foreign coins so I'm clue less. I think I did see some silver inside the bag, JFK looked kinda toned. Didn't really dived in and start looking at the bag. Lol didn't want to draw attention.

If I find something super interesting I'll definitely sneak a picture of it.

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
LUI: Observing the coins you talk about, aren't the eyes of management beginning to take notice of your actions etc? Don't risk your job for the sake of us CRH's!!!
Nice to know how rolling operations are being done at coin vendors, thanks, it answers some questions we all have been asking.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dozer, this job to me is never about long term, I got my eyes set on NYC parks enforcement officer or NYPD, which ever one hires me first. For all the work I have to do and moving around 12$ an hr is not all that great.. But seeing the coins sure makes up for it lol.

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, it sounds like you are not coming in with a pocketful of dimes and nickels to swap out for the cool finds. Do you have to pass through a metal detector or empty your pockets coming and going?

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dozer, this job to me is never about long term, I got my eyes set on NYC parks enforcement officer or NYPD, which ever one hires me first. For all the work I have to do and moving around 12$ an hr is not all that great.. But seeing the coins sure makes up for it lol.

Lui: I'm afraid that if I had your coin rolling job, I would eventually be spending toooooo much of my time looking for silver keepers and not what I'm required to do. Being retired, I would tell them that I'll work for FREE so long as I can spot check & keep the silver found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread