May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
This article was posted this morning: Coin-counting machines may be shortchanging you - TODAY.com

After the Today show highlighted the coin counting discrepancies, TD Bank has responded thusly: "After what Rossen Reports found, TD Bank told NBC News they are pulling all coin machines out of service at all branches nationwide for evaluation and re-testing. Those machines will go back into service only when the bank is satisfied they meet performance requirements. TD Bank also told NBC News they're enhancing their routine maintenance program."

Upvote 0

mrogers07

Sep 6, 2015
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for them. I saw that segment today and it was ridiculous. They always used $300 in change. Coinstar machines worked flawlessly but the Penny Arcades were all off anywhere from $0.05 to around $40.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received a phone call that my account was credited the $38 it was shorted when I dumped dimes. This is the second time this has happened to me , but I have to say TD handled it well. Both times my account was credited the amount I was shorted with no issues.

OP
OP
DaytonaRacer

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I just received a phone call that my account was credited the $38 it was shorted when I dumped dimes. This is the second time this has happened to me , but I have to say TD handled it well. Both times my account was credited the amount I was shorted with no issues.

Nice! Did you have to tell them you were short first or did they audit the dump and came to you?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt they will take all the machines out of service. TD bank is in the process or replacing their older coin machines with newer ones though.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt they will take all the machines out of service. TD bank is in the process or replacing their older coin machines with newer ones though.

The TD Banks in my area changed out the older coin machines for new ones two years ago. And all coin machines are currently out of of service indefinitely.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hopefully there is a down turn at work for me at least for a day or two lolllllllllll

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro

This has happened to me many times. Dimes always get counted as penny's. Long ago I stopped mixing dimes with penny's and started dumping dimes separately so there was no confusion in go what I had. Also idk if you noticed the new penny arcades get jammed with halves

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the same result as ugotit22. Ended up doing the same where I would not dump dimes and pennies together. Funny thing is one machine in the TD bank near me would always GIVE me an additional .25 on every dump. Yep, I would walk in with my dump bag of dimes, nickels or pennies and knew for sure there was no quarter mixed in. When the receipt printed it out, the tally would always have 1 quarter listed. Majority of the time I would walk away even or ahead of the game. :)
I'm sure that will be corrected now..hehe

-TwoYewts

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every single TD coin machine is out of service in my area. I can imagine all of the hunters in my area who don't have a bag dump setup going on like I do are scrambling like crazy to figure out how to get rid of their dumps as quickly as possible.

There are only two of us that know about this branch that accepts bags of coins. It'll be interesting to see if other hunters catch on.

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every single TD coin machine is out of service in my area. I can imagine all of the hunters in my area who don't have a bag dump setup going on like I do are scrambling like crazy to figure out how to get rid of their dumps as quickly as possible.

There are only two of us that know about this branch that accepts bags of coins. It'll be interesting to see if other hunters catch on.

I went to my local TD yesterday and was told all machines will be out of commission for 2 weeks ,starting this past Wednesday, at minimum. Every TD is accepting rolled coin or if you take ur receipt from coinstar they will reimburse the fee. Something about dumping halves at a coinstar is not appealing so I don't mind rolling.

OP
OP
DaytonaRacer

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to my local TD yesterday and was told all machines will be out of commission for 2 weeks ,starting this past Wednesday, at minimum. Every TD is accepting rolled coin or if you take ur receipt from coinstar they will reimburse the fee. Something about dumping halves at a coinstar is not appealing so I don't mind rolling.

Do TD's still stock free coin roll sleeves? I have very few left and those I got over 10 years ago.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
This is going to be more problematical then I originally thought. I didn't realize how much I use penny for day to day smaller hunts

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do TD's still stock free coin roll sleeves? I have very few left and those I got over 10 years ago.

Went to 2 TD's to drop n deposit n both gave me a handful.

Attachments

• 1460231637915.jpg
    1460231637915.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 145

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is going to be more problematical then I originally thought. I didn't realize how much I use penny for day to day smaller hunts

Well they did say they will reimburse back the coinstar machine fee..at least the TD'S n my area said they would if I take them the coinstar machine receipt.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure they wouldn't want to pay a 9% coin star fee on a $2000 half dollar dump. I would rather re roll and bring elsewhere instead of ruining a relationship with one of my dump banks.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Td bank sucks !!!! The penny arcade is a pile of >>>> I dumped ? over a million dollars in it. What a pain in the ass... The bags is the only way to go. Fast and easy at low cost!

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, that's what I get for not being on the forum lately (I've been looking at instagram and youtube a lot more recently). I had no idea about the TD bank issue until I went to dump some halves today (also the first time in a while I've CRH'd). TD is the only bank left in my area with coin counting machines that customers can use, so I hope they rectify the situation soon.

BTW, found one 40% half in $200 of MWRs today - so dirty another CRH'er probably missed it.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Td bank sucks !!!! The penny arcade is a pile of >>>> I dumped ? over a million dollars in it. What a pain in the ass... The bags is the only way to go. Fast and easy at low cost!

I used to think the same thing until garda "lost" a $1000 bag of half dollars on me. Took me 4 months and detectives to finally get my money. Garda said the bag was empty when the bank gave it to them, because we all know that banks give coin suppliers empty bags to process. At gardas factory the toilets also flush the opposite direction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread