May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I've tried that. Silver, "lucky coins", bicentennial quarters, brand new coins... nothing seems to work for me. :(

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It's just hit or miss and the odds are not in our favor, no matter what coin we use...

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best way to increase your luck with scratchy tickets is to look at the odds on the back of each type of ticket, and buy more tickets than the odds say.

I buy one type of ticket every once in a while, the odds for winning are 1 in 4.61 it says on the back. So, I buy 5 at a time. I always win something, but most times it's less than I have spent on the tickets themselves. Haha.

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you should ask about silver coins and scratching tickets. I quit buying scratch tickets last January, but I used to use a one ounce Englehard round to scratch mine. It was dated 1985, the year I bought it. Some time last summer I misplaced it and have not found it yet. After that I used an Ike for my scratch tickets.

I used to keep records of the games I played and how much I won or lost. I found that the odds are better on the higher amount tickets, at least here in Michigan.

After a few years of losing one or two hundred dollars per year I said "enough is enough". Every time I would buy a ticket I would think "I could be buying rolls of change from the banks with this cash". Realizing that CRH-ing is like playing the lottery but when you lose at CRH-ing, you only break even money wise, was one reason I quit playing. Another is that for last Christmas I was given a scratch ticket that won $15, and my daughter also won the same amount on hers. We pooled our winnings together, since it did not coast us anything, and bought a $30 ticket. That one won $100, so we each took our fifty and quit playing.

If you spend a few dollars here and there on low value tickets, I recommend adding up what you normally spend in a given time period and instead buy the highest dollar ticket that you can using the same money.

Whether metal detecting, Coin Roll Hunting, or scratch tickets - the thrill of winning is there.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460761594.135683.jpg
I used this coin to scratch my tickets. It proved rather costly, however. I think it had a good shot at MS67 before scratching roughly 2000 tickets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread