maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I see that, but how do I GET the price and not the $12.50 listed on the sell to providential page? Has anyone here sold back to Provident? Do I need to ASK for the better price?

I have sold to Provident plenty of times. You have to call them, then when you get the guy on the phone they will take your info and make you an account ( you can't do it online, you need a PO number from them) then tell him what you want to sell ( has to be all Kennedy or Walker or Ben ect... I usually sell my Kennedy's), and you can't send less than $1000.00 at a time, have the page I screen shot pulled up on your computer while you are talking to the guy so you can the "live" buy back price at the time, it changes while you are on the phone, if they give you a lower price tell him the sku# that you are looking at on the Kennedy page and they will give you that buy back amount, if you don't they will just assume you are sending them 90% junk and give you that price. They will also tell you how to send it and send you an email with PO and instruction on how to address the box, YOU HAVE TO SEND THE PAPER YOU PRINT WITH PO IN THE BOX YOU SEND TO THEM. and don't put Provident Metals on the box, just Provident. Hope that helps you Avago. HH, Maverick. All most forgot, I send mine priority in a flat rate box with signature conf and tracking, insure it for over the full amount!!! PACK THE BOX SOLID! so nothing moves around in it( I use a bunch of my half torn open half wraps and boxes cut up to make it solid).

Last edited:

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Great advice maverick, thank you!!! That makes much more sense that you have to jump through the hoops to get the better-advertised price. That's usually the way the world works.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much in shipping fees would sending a bag worth would be and eaten out of your profit. Isnt it better to sell to a lcd?

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how do I get their $14.00 buyback price? When I go to their "sell to us" page, they're paying $12.50 there. Do I need to have an account or something? I don't see anywhere on the Kennedy page where I can actually proceed to get the $14.00 price.

I wonder if the $14 price is only if you sell them in bag quantity, and the $12.50 is if you sell it to them in less then bag quantity.

I might be wrong, but the way that I've understood it is that "buy back" pricing is only available if you are selling them something that you previously purchased from the them. Otherwise, they pay the "sell to us" price.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I might be wrong, but the way that I've understood it is that "buy back" pricing is only available if you are selling them something that you previously purchased from the them. Otherwise, they pay the "sell to us" price.
Hey loosechange, you might have missed my post above, I explained all that. HH, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
How much in shipping fees would sending a bag worth would be and eaten out of your profit. Isnt it better to sell to a lcd?
It might depend where you live I guess but when I send mine out I send a completely full half dollar box, the cube boxes, of 40% and what ever 90 % when I sell them and it cost me roughly $40 to send the Box, the value of the box is what brings the price up with the insurance insurance. HH, Maverick.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey loosechange, you might have missed my post above, I explained all that. HH, Maverick.

I did see your post. I was saying that I always assumed something different. Shows how far assuming will take you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread