Unlucky 13

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Well, I hit 13 skunk boxes in a row today, very depressing. I decided to do a short road trip and see if I could find anything. I opened an account at a bank that has a bunch of offices in this area to hunt. I've had a few of them limit the number of halves I could have because I didn't have an account, but not anymore. I had them order me a box which I'll get next Thursday. My next stop had $167 in their counting machine and were happy to sell them to me. The bag only had $161 in halves and 61 pennies, but it also had 1x64, 1x65, 3x67, and 1x68-D. I also found a plastic token for a can of beer at a local bar and a half with an advertising sticker on it. Next bank had $60 in rolls, all shotgunned on one side and taped on the other with no keepers. Last bank had $140 in rolls. 1x66 , 1x67, and a chrome plated 74-D (No DDO).

Halves_3.jpg

Nothing that compares to all the huge box and bank finds people have posted about recently, but any silver is an improvement.

Upvote 0

Scott (Upstate NY)

Mar 24, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Classic III, Surf PI, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My experience is that yields are higher amongst the customer rolls versus the machined rolls

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I agree totally. I'd much rather search the bag out of a counting machine then a FED box.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right Fropa...any silver beats no silver. I also agree about hitting the banks vs boxes.....better chance for hitting a load.

Sorry to hear about the 13 skunks but at least you didn't quit.....persistence paid off. WTG.

Keep plugging....

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fropa said:
Thanks LJ. Maybe the box from the new bank will end my streak.

Let's hope so.....have my fingers crossed for ya! Let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread