TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Gang,
Hope everyone is having a good CRH year. Picked up a Quarter box recently. Wasn't expecting to find any silver but just wanted a change from viewing Dimes and Nickels. Believe that I found some nice keepers and just looking for your opinions on what I found. Thanks in advance!

Die Cracks- Believe I found quite a few die cracks in this box. There are two images per specimen below, one with an red line indicating what I noticed and then a close up. Sorry about the lighting...have to get a better table lamp. :)

1993 93C-1.jpg , closeup - 93D-1.jpg

1994 94C-1.jpg , closeup - 94D-1.jpg

1997 97A-1.jpg , closeup - 97A-2.jpg

Sorry forgot to write down year 97B-1.jpg , closeup - 97B-2.jpg

Sorry forgot to write down year StateA-1.jpg , closeup - StateB-1.jpg
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Doubling - What kind of doubling would you consider this if you think it is doubling

1993 93A-1.jpg , closeup - 93B-1.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Not sure what to consider this..The "I" in "IN" is just completely slanted and connected to the N

1994 94A-1.jpg , closeup - 94B-1.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Possible CUDs?

1996 96A-1.jpg , closeup - 96B-1.jpg
2006 Colorado Colorado-1.jpg , closeup - Colorado-2.jpg

Thank you for taking a look and offering up your opinion. I appreciate the CRH community here an value the info that all of you provide. :)
Now back to checking more coins!

Happy Hunting
-TwoYewts

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cracks all look good, the field cud is more like a dent, the rim cud might be a dent or chip. all are errors and all are collectible for a few bucks each. just my opinion

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cracks all look good, the field cud is more like a dent, the rim cud might be a dent or chip since the rim is intact. the '93 doubling is not in the CONECA master list of DDO's, send a pic to [email protected], Mike Diamond for his opinion. the "I" is likely PMD. all others are errors and all are collectible for a few bucks each. just my opinion

OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Much appreciated P.E.A. thank you for taking the time to look. I'll send the images I have over to Mike to see what he says. The "I" one is the one throwing me off because for a PMD I would think I would see something else weird near the "I" such as issues with the "N" or the "T" below...just weird. Guess that's why it caught my eye :)

-TwoYewts

OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
P.E.A Mike responded to my email (really quick reply, which was nice of him). He stated that what I have is die deterioration doubling which is unfortunately common and carries no extra value. I guess the best definition/criteria for those interested is:

"True doubled dies generally show doubling in a single direction on the affected letters. On examples of coins with die deterioration doubling, you are likely to find that the doubling will be on both sides of the letters. Also, since dies showing die deterioration doubling are extremely worn, the affected letters or other design elements will have a mushy appearance as opposed to the crisp and distinct doubling usually seen on genuine doubled dies. (Wexler's Coins and Die Varieties for more info on die deterioration doubling)"

Thanks again!
-TwoYewts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread