Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be honest, I would so take those results right now

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based off the many threads you start with similar titles I would think these are average boxes for you. What do you consider average boxes?

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Based off the many threads you start with similar titles I would think these are average boxes for you. What do you consider average boxes?

Don't really go by boxes more like batches of ten to twelve boxes. Last few months batches have averaged between 8-15. Prior to this slow few months average was more like 25-35.
Go back a little further to when TD was still ordering, batches where 60-80

Hit or miss nowadays, got four three weeks ago, got 105 two weeks ago. All over the place

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't really go by boxes more like batches of ten to twelve boxes. Last few months batches have averaged between 8-15. Prior to this slow few months average was more like 25-35.
Go back a little further to when TD was still ordering, batches where 60-80

Hit or miss nowadays, got four three weeks ago, got 105 two weeks ago. All over the place

Isn't that how it always is? You have to take the good with the bad. That's the beauty of this hobby, you never know what the next box is going to hold.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
You used to be able to count on halves the same you would with dimes. For the most part you know if you get a dime box you have a good shot of at least getting 1 or 2. Halves you could usually guarantee at least a hand full of silvers for a big batch of 10-15 boxes searched. Seems now its more of a crap shoot. Sometimes youll hit sometimes its bare. Thast why I like dimes, you pretty much know what your going to get going in

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You used to be able to count on halves the same you would with dimes. For the most part you know if you get a dime box you have a good shot of at least getting 1 or 2. Halves you could usually guarantee at least a hand full of silvers for a big batch of 10-15 boxes searched. Seems now its more of a crap shoot. Sometimes youll hit sometimes its bare. Thast why I like dimes, you pretty much know what your going to get going in

Dimes are more predictable because they aren't searched as much by hunters. A box of dimes will accurately represent a random sample of the entire population of dimes in your area more than a box of halves. Half boxes are manipulated by hunters (and old men's wives who dumped collections after they passed). That's why you see more skunk and silver streaks with halves than with dimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread