Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like they were already gone through. Zip.

I had bad luck today also. $200.00 in Dimes and I didn't pay attention. When I got home I discovered they were all new uncirculated 2016P.:BangHead:
Next time I'll be paying more attention to the coins and less attention to the Cashier.:laughing7:
Marvin

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same deal only 3 boxes I have been able to get in the last 8 months, all searched and repacked. all from Chase bank, Brinks boxes.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I'll bother for a long time to come. Better to crap shoot off Ebay for a (presumedly) pre packaged half dollar "ender" roll, or just buy what I want and the heck with dragging 20 pounds of junk halves back and forth. I got a complete collection of Mercs lately, the local dealer had a lot for $1.10 each and all were at least very good condition. He considered them "junk" coins. Got about 25 like that, all different dates.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I'll bother for a long time to come. Better to crap shoot off Ebay for a (presumedly) pre packaged half dollar "ender" roll, or just buy what I want and the heck with dragging 20 pounds of junk halves back and forth. I got a complete collection of Mercs lately, the local dealer had a lot for $1.10 each and all were at least very good condition. He considered them "junk" coins. Got about 25 like that, all different dates.

Your nuts if you buy the ender rolls off ebay. Not a bad idea on buying coins you want. Nothing wrong with that. I'm also curious as to why you said the box of halves you got were already searched? Is it just because you did the find anything? Or were all the rolls folded over on one end.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got it, all the rolls were folded over on one end. I wonder how much those coin roller machines are anymore...Good way for dealers to sell their "junk" halves, just put one on the end of a roll and list it.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea the skunk streak continues on my boxes but I guess I should be thankful I can get boxes to look though. I got a few loose silvers from some awesome tellers but boxes continue to be a bust. I dropped off from doing one a week unless I happen across an unclaimed one in my travels. When that happens I pick it up the day before they send it back. Who are these people that order boxes and never pick them up? I want to scold them and thank them all at once. I wouldn't mess with ebay though.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Smokey you can't quit after just one box, have to tear through at least a dozen or so at least - just to get a sample of what's out there!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a half pound of silver today....for $25...I have my ways. Brouhaha, brouhaha, brouhaha......

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since last we posted, went through 5 more boxes of halves....still found absolutely nothing. Finding good stuff CRH'ing.

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A half pound of silver for $25, is that a good deal?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maryland, and close enough to PA, VA and Delaware for short pickups for rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions