Slow and steady wins the race!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I took the kids up to our cottage yesterday and went through a town with three banks just after they opened at 9AM. One bank had two rolls of half dollars, which I'm after, and I got skunked. The next, which I had good reason to believe would have a few $, did; $364! Since I have an account with that company, I withdrew them all. Our cottage is about sixteen miles from that town so the kids started searching the rolls. Or, should I say my son started searching; girlfriend just sat and listened to whatever came through her headphones. I explained to my son, "Anything older than 1971, or anything with an S on it." By the time we got to the cottage, he'd gone through a few rolls without finding silver. I joined in and quickly got a 40%, then another. Imagine my joy when Ben Franklin fell out of a roll! I found another 40% and this 1974S and we were finished. Last night, working on the theory that my son might have missed something, I rolled $100 and bagged the rest; sure enough, another 40% was lurking! I'm just happy if he remembers to flush the toilet when he's done using it:tongue3:. Why did I use "Slow and steady" in my title? Only once have I hit it big in a coin roll hunt; usually it's three, four, five, maybe seven silvers in a large batch. Keep doing that and eventually you get a nice pile. And when silver goes up again you sell it!

Attachments

• punxysilver.jpg
    punxysilver.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions