Offer for Peace & Morgan

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A fella who works for my son knows I hunt coins, and brought me a '63 quarter. I gave him 8-times face (or $2) for it. Just the other day he brings me a small plastic bag with an array of mixed coins. In it: 1-Merc, 1-Peace$, 1-Morgan$, and a mixture of odds & ends. I'm going to offer 8-times for the Merc,and 9-times face for the two silver dollars. I'm sure he'll take the cash. All coins are well worn. Comments- good or bad.

Upvote 0

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a precautionary comment.......
Are you sure of the origin of the coins? Surely, your son has taken the time to properly vet his employees, but..........please be sure/careful. Otherwise, your offer is fair (imho).

S

stefen

I learned over the years to separate business with family and friends...

It can bite you on the butt when you least expect...

And that especially includes loans...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I learned over the years to separate business with family and friends...

You are absolutely right on that one! Anger and distrust can haunt you for a lifetime.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
common date circulated morgan/peace dollars are easily going for $20+, maybe sweeten up the the deal and offer him $10 for the silver dollars. They always carry a premium over spot, you won't lose out at that price.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep in mind that today's fakes can easily be purchased online and they are disgustingly good. I'm not saying the guy would buy fakes to sell you but that doesn't mean they aren't fakes. My guess is most of us have some fakes and don't even know it.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
With the two silver $, 40% half, Merc, plus odds & ends (face value only), and mixed foreign; I gave him $

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
With the two silver $, 40% half, Merc, plus odds & ends (face value only), and mixed foreign; I gave him $

I gave him a total of $27, but he said "make it only $25 even", I still gave him $27., the two big silver$ both weigh in correctly.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8 or 9 times face is an awesome deal. It's just me, but when dealing with someone who doesn't know much about coins I tell them what they are worth, what dealers would pay for them, etc and then tell them what I am willing to pay. Especially with neighbors, friends and family, I don't someone later telling folks that I took advantage of them.

Rocsteddie

Jun 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Just keep in mind that today's fakes can easily be purchased online and they are disgustingly good. I'm not saying the guy would buy fakes to sell you but that doesn't mean they aren't fakes. My guess is most of us have some fakes and don't even know it.

Magnet test every one. I test any and all silver. If its steel then no deal. IMO. PS: I would ask where and how coins were collected. Hopefully its all good stuff and a sweet deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread