VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dozer D!! AMERICA!! Truly a day to give THANKS to all who have served and are presently serving!! My son is a Lt. Commander in the NAVY, and can assure you the first thing I did this morning was call him up and say THANK YOU!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Umm, Today is not about us "Veterans" it is about the ones that never came home....

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Liu21 indeed. I've called my grandfather every year on VETERANS day for the last 4-6 years now (Once I grew up and got my head on straight from being a teen. Im 22 now) and will continue to do so for the rest of his years. I remember making a call on Memorial day once years back and he was like "IM NOT DEAD!" :laughing7: Hes doing alright, but his health has deteriorated over the last couple years and hes not as coherent as he used to be. Still though, not doing too bad for 75 years old. Hes not into roll hunting but he does have an interest in coins and has since at least the early 70's I believe. When he passes I will SURELY visit his gravestone every year. Whether it be rain, snow, golf ball sized hail or any other disaster, it will take a lot for me to not make it to show my respects for such a great man.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I ran into an older gentleman in the grocery store today, wearing a Vietnam vets cap. I don't wear one myself, aside from my presence on TNet - I prefer to be invisible to the public. But I stopped him and shook his hand - and learned a bit (he's getting a 20% disability check for Agent Orange). He had the same maladies as I've been facing for a couple years - I've had 3 skin cancers cut out and another one coming. And I remember the planes overhead and the mist falling on us. He suggested I contact the Purple Hearts Org and get them on my side. He said they got him the disability.

But anyway, after so many years of hiding, I'm still having a difficult time saying "Thank you for your service". I just have to get over that.

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
My son graduated from high school today. In August he reports to Camp Pendleton to start his hitch in the Marines.
I could not be any more proud of him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread