290 40s

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
290 40's

Dumping some copper cents today http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...4-releasing-fv-3k-copper-cents-into-wild.html and a guy came in to use the machine. He had a clear plastic box, with clear plastic coin tubes...full of silver halves. Knowing the machine rejects silver, I explained that to him. He was determined to get rid of them, so I counted them, and he accepted my cash offer. More than face, less than melt. He knew they were silver, and therefore worth more than face, BTW. The only negative in this whole affair, is that when I got home, there were only 276. :icon_scratch: Guess I need to learn to count...:laughing7:

As one of the greats here used to say, "It's still out there".

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Some folks honestly just don't care. I'd have to say more are not stolen, just inherited collections.
My LCS would not be interested in the 40% half dollar. I recently offered a co-workers family a premium for their recently deceased grandmother's coin collection, they chose the coin shop's lowball offer instead.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe his father, brother, or another relative CRH and he ended up with the collection somehow. Maybe someone passed but he didn't really care about coins however he saw them CRH for years

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread