Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After an almost skunk week two weeks ago that was saved by a 49' s dime (coinstar) and a 43d war nickel (cwr) I hit it hard last week. I went through over $1100 in halves and at least $100 in nickels. I got 1 box of halves and was saved by a lone 64'. Then I went on a cross state rampage racking up just shy of 24 banks in a seven hour run. I found three dumps which I suspect are due to TD taking their counters offline ($260) and $180 that yielded 3 64s. Friday I returned to a bank that had rolls a month ago but would not give them to me since I wasn't a member. Since then I have become a member so I went by and they still had the rolls. Each roll was short a coin so I was down six dollars on $120 but the first coin out was a 67'. I got 17 40% out of those rolls. The other dozen banks were dry or the teller that had halves was off or on break, leaving a few loose ends. I got a few loose coins but no errors or silver. The hunt has become increasingly competitive in my area. Friday of Memorial day I was informed I was the third person that afternoon who had asked for half dollars! I also missed the second opportunity to get some ASEs for face value. My teller saved me some mint rolled coins but couldn't hide the extremely large ASEs and they were snapped up by the first hunter that saw them on the counter. I have only gotten one ASE which was saved for me by a nice teller when I missed a sizeable dump last year. Anyone gotten any silver eagles? Good luck and happy hunting!

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I picked up an ASE about a year ago. Teller didn't know anything about the coin, he had NO idea what he had in his hand; but yet he helped a customer that had a coin jam on the self-serve coin counter, jammed with about $5 in ben's. Got the ASE for face value of $1.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never a silver eagle, but I've had an amazing June. Went through two boxes in the last month, got nothing. Same with dimes. Did get a buffalo and some 2015-P Jeff's with die clashes which are nice. Scores have been with tellers and random searches in rolls.

Jajo

Mar 20, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a very interesting post, I guess it can't be terribly unlikely to find an ASE, but the Eagle is a very popular coin, so I bet if tellers see them, they would snag them for themselves, I think what often happens is that people forget that someone gave an ASE to them, so they simply get a dollar each for them, and the tellers buy them, or maybe a lucky CRH'er can find them. Good Luck and Happy Hunting :D

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never found an ASE, but I did have an ebay seller give me one for free as a token of good will because he sold a coin I bought from him online to someone in his shop on accident before he realized I had won it in a buy it now auction. Since the ebay item I was trying to buy was with $ I got from CRHing silver I had recently sold, it counts in my book and I added it to my CRH spreadsheet. [emoji106]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread