"Ive never seen one of these before"

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I've never seen one of these before"

I was passing through a small town in Georgia and decided to stop and get gas and a snack. I finish filling up and then head inside to pay. Since I picked up some $2 bills at a bank yesterday and I wanted to get rid of them I pay the cashier $32 in $2 bills.

The cashier looked at me like I had two heads, says she's never seen one before, and then calls the assistant over and he then tells her to see if they are real. So after a few minutes of her testing them with the counterfeit marker she concluded that they were in fact real.

It took a little longer than I had hoped it would but it was kind of funny to see someone's reaction to $2 bills.

Just thought I'd share the story with you all.
HH
Buff

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Even at some of the McDonald's do you see young cashiers looking very strange at a half-dollar coin. One would think that in the course of training, that management would show them the various bills & coinage in current use.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Forgive my ignorance, but aren't $2 bills usually worth a tad more?

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These $2 bills aren't worth any more, they are all series 1976, 1995, 2003, 2003a, 2009, and 2013. No low serial numbers and no star notes. I just did a bank a favor by buying what they had since they asked if I wanted them when I asked for halves.

Now if you really want to confuse a cashier hand them a $2 bill, an Ike dollar, a half dollar, a presidential dollar, and an sba dollar!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
It's hard enough just trying to teach some of 'em how to use a calculator! Perplexed - Copy.gif

Baja

Sep 9, 2015
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll -
Minelab CTX-3030 -
White's Spectra V3i -
w/ Sun Ray DX-1 probe -
Fisher F75 ProArc -
w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worth it just to see the look on their faces!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife wrote a check the other day for a car repair....the girl panicked, said, "Ma'am, that is not a credit card"...had to get the manager to approve/explain the concept.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. Mcdonald's and and fast food places and gas stations are ripe for crazy looks. Try an Ike dollar for fun too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread