So the shutdown has begun

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
So I new the penny arcade shutdown was going to hurt me bc I was always dumping nickels, dimes, quarters, and pennies into them on a regular basis. I would plan road trips around the idea of going bank to bank with a td mixed in. Well what i didn't anticipate was being shut down on my bags. For four years I have been able to bag dump halves with instant cash. I was informed yesterday that with the new coin regulations in would not be able to dump bags any more. I am still able to search as I have many other banks with machines, however what this effectively does it limit the high volume orders as I will not be able to run 10-20 boxes through the machines. So it looks like it's going to go back to a modest 3-6 box pick up here and there. These are my last two banks so I need to tread lightly with the dumps. Judging by yesterday batch of 15-40s and 2 Franklin's for a 10 box order, the future isn't too bright.

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only dump half a box at a time. Otherwise you are certain to have the manager over to empty the machine.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, man, TD shut me down a little bit ago too. I was able to find a PNC that was willing to take bags, but they've giving me crap for it already.

I was averaging twelve boxes per week before being cut off from dumping bags, now I'm averaging five boxes per week.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Yeah, man, TD shut me down a little bit ago too. I was able to find a PNC that was willing to take bags, but they've giving me crap for it already.

I was averaging twelve boxes per week before being cut off from dumping bags, now I'm averaging five boxes per week.

We will persevere, always a way when there's a will. I'll go back to hand rolling if I have to.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hand-rolled for a while after my bag-bank wouldn't give me instant credit anymore. I got to where I could search & roll a box pretty fast, but after 4-5 skunks in a row, the effort wasnt worth it. BofA still takes the bags but I have to wait for a credit. It's not too bad tho if you figure out their pick up days & you can time the credit with your next pick up and still do a decent volume w/out having to roll.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
One other solution, put on a coat and tie and get a job at a bank. They hire all the time...Maybe one other solution, date a higher up employee if possible...

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. I don't really hunt in the summer but I only will be searching 2 to 4 boxes every other week and only occasionally dimes. I have access to 4 coin machines but I don't want to abuse them. I already started asking for empty halves sleeves at the banks to stock up. TD was a huge blow to my dimes, nickels, and quarters. It was so easy with many locations close by. I could go 3 weeks without entering the same bank. Depending on how the half boxes are this fall I might stop completely and exclusively hunt CWR of coin and dump when I get up to $500 or so. I can't justify re rolling 4 boxes of halves of I am getting a couple 40% and occasionally a 90%.

Austin if I wasn't married I would love to date at least 70% of the women tellers in the banks I frequent. There so many attractive ones I'm starting to think the hiring
Managers are behind it [emoji39]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread