PM prices cooking on Wall St

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been hearing rumors again coming from Wall Street that the precious metals (gold & silver) are both headed for a BIG shot in the arm increase in the next 12-18 months. I'm sure that if this is True or False will give cause for a price panic which will not last long. However, if silver prices EVER resume to the historical 16:1 silver vs gold ratio then we can all sell our AG stack and retire. I know I will, I can't wait around another lifetime at age 69. If Gold hits $1800/oz @ 16:1 ratio, then silver would be $112.50/oz. I DON'T THINK SO, not for a long while yet.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
With such an increase in the value of PM's, can you imagine the price rise on consumer electronics!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been reading some articles from economists that state this is the beginning. Certain clues are indicating we have actually been in recession for the last 2 quarters. Heck CBS news actually said last week that the unemployment numbers fail to count those that have ran out of benefits or given up looking. A certain conservative radio host has been saying that for 6 years. We are not in a recovering economy. Look for gold and silver to skyrocket!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Formerteller, please keep political statements out of all forums but our politics forum......

Thanks...

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Gold and silver will never come to a 16 to 1 ratio --- things have changed. BUT, Silver is now (11 PM CT-Sun Jul 10 '16) at $20.60. Going, Going, Going.....up? Down? I don't know, but I'm still stacking.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I'm curious. On Monday, July 25th, 2016, at noon E T, the price of silver in New York was $19.70/oz. At Kitco, it was $19.605. Why? Is Kitco's price the world wide price while the New York price is the U S price?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
This writer was correct during the whole PM bear move and turned "bullish" a while ago. Here is his most recent article. I am starting to think that maybe we won't get another smash into the lower teens. I have been wrong much since 2011 so maybe that means we will drop now. LOL

Market Anthropology

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol Jim you called it again. You should have left this part out Lol " I have been wrong much since 2011 so maybe that means we will drop now. "

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Lol Jim you called it again. You should have left this part out Lol " I have been wrong much since 2011 so maybe that means we will drop now. "

I have no clue which way the price is going. I just keep buying my cool stuff when I can get it cheap. I got some mixed year kooks in air tites (not in original holders) for $2 over melt, and two were early 90's so I grabbed them.

Jim

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I went to a coin show yesterday (Sunday) and generic rounds were going for $21.20. ASEs were going for $22.50 ea. Then in the Aussie and New Zealand category (Alligator, Spider, Turtle, etc.), they were priced $24 to $32 ea. The Kooks always go for high money, everyone wants them. Ron, you were lucky to get them for $2 over spot. As a collector, I picked up an Unc 1897 Canadian sterling 5 cent piece (W8) for $10......goes for around $280 retail in a Canadian coin book. I doubt that......maybe around $70 at the most.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread