Brexit results

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like all artificial swings, it is temporary.
If you are timing the market on PM spot prices, there is some opportunity to make moves.
If you are holding physical PM to preserve wealth, this anomaly does nothing for you.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one may not be so temporary. This is a big deal as for the value of their money. The price for our goods for sale in GB just went up. The EU has also lost a stabilizing factor. The whole thing could start falling like dominos. I believe GB being so strong just got tired of the cheap labor of other weaker countries coming across the border. The Muslim population has also grown drastically and they want, like us to be able to control their borders for security reasons. They saw what happened across the water in France and want to protect themselves.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep political statements out of thread per TNet rules..

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please keep political statements out of thread per TNet rules..

This is completely political so I doubt you can keep politics out of the Brexit vote. But I believe that if it is discussed objectively as it pertains to the effects it will have we might be able to keep this thread alive.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
This is completely political so I doubt you can keep politics out of the Brexit vote. But I believe that if it is discussed objectively as it pertains to the effects it will have we might be able to keep this thread alive.

There's a difference between political discussions (involving CRH) and political statements. Discussing Brexit and its effect on CRH/silver prices is a discussion. Bringing religion into it crosses the line for many people.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't bring religion into it. This isn't opinion, it's fact. There are some areas in GB now that the courts actually recognize sharia law. Situations in the world today just don't allow you to view things through rose colored glasses. Again, I'm not stating opinion. I just responded why they wanted out of the EU and that this isn't a temporary increase in value. Sorry if it offended anyone.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
You didn't offend me, and I agree with your original statement. I just noted that once religion was brought up it strayed off the topic of silver, which is what I suspect set TH off.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discussing Brexit as it relates to precious metals ect is allowed, making political statements like was removed is not.

OP
OP
W

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there will be two competing forces affecting the price of PM's.

On one hand, the risk off trade where money flows into safe haven assets like fixed income and PM's. This will be more of a "fear" component.

On other hand, Brexit will have trickle down effects. For example, there are currently 800k polish workers in the UK that will now need visas. These workers repatriate their earnings back to families in Poland. Remove that flow of money and you have weakening Zloty, Euro, Czech Koruna. So what strengthens? The dollar and yen. And this will have potential downward pressure on silver.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
This thread has nothing to do with Coin Roll Hunting. Could a Moderator please move to a more appropriate section of the forum?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread has nothing to do with Coin Roll Hunting. Could a Moderator please move to a more appropriate section of the forum?

Did the price of silver go up yesterday? Absolutely it has to do with crh. It's the reason the price went up.

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
North Metro Atlanta area, Georgia
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So all that silver my husband collected as a kid finally has some worth? Sweet! I've been avoiding the news like the plague lately. Seriously out of touch with the world and I'm finally not so stressed out 24/7. Rather freeing really...

Now what to do with all of these baseball cards... MLB crumbled yet? lol

Edit to add:

I was a political junkie - too much going on in the world and reached my breaking point. I sleep a little better now. ;)

Last edited:

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what you mean by "artificial swings." I'd call changing the rules on stock margin trading artificial. Geopolitical events, not so much.

It is artificial because although demand for PM has temporarily increased, actual consumption has not. When things simmer down, the spot prices will return to sliding towards stable.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't look for it any time soon, I think more will bail...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions