Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just keep the best for a set and dump the rest. It has no real value, just another little thing to do.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have thousands from over the years of collecting. They are a foresavigs, I don't plan on spending them but if times get tough they will have to go. But like said above, I'd save the pristine ones.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to save the nice ones & sell them in lots (10 diff or 20 diff dates, etc) on eBay for a modest profit. If they look decent you can make a little $ off them. Not a lot though, and sometimes I'd have to relist once or twice.

OP
OP
W

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I just keep the best for a set and dump the rest. It has no real value, just another little thing to do.
Well I ran an ad in Craig's List showing the 68 coins and giving the dates, there were 28 different years covered. Had a fellow want the 28 years so he could add or upgrade his collection, got $2.25 each. Since I only had the 50 cents invested per coin I think I did OK. No response on the rest so will just give them out as tips when we go out to eat.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been quite pleasantly surprised to find there is a good little market for impaired proof coins on eBay as long as the coins aren't too dinged up or blemished...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread