Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
halves lately are yielding ZERO silver, an average $80 in '76's and and 1990 and newer that look they went through a rock crusher---so the 40% duo was a welcome sight with a '95-P die crack (my 1st error half). 2nd box gets done later:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: IMG_3403.JPG IMG_3400.JPG IMG_3401.JPG IMG_3402.JPG

Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
So that's what a die crack looks like. Just found a couple of coins over the weekend with that same kind of 'line', but not halves. One was a cent - I think the other a dime.

Good find! :thumbsup:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver. I am curious as to why you keep a minor error like that die crack? Is it worth much over face value?

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BuffaloBoy, there are die crack collectors out there. If you check on Ebay, you will find listings for die cracks. Whether they actually sell or not, I believe PEA can attest to the fact that they do sell as I believe he has sold many die cracks and cuds over the years. Hope that answers your question.

:)

-TwoYewts

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
errors sell, some Ebay listers will get next to no gain since they ask far too low a price. errors are proof that the government is not 100% perfect as many think. just a little humor,,,,the '67 silver 40% is a Special Mint Set coin with full luster. likely spent within a few days of being stolen from a collector. the 95-P is quite common and a few can be found as the crack grows. hope to find one with a late stage failure of the die
Congrats on the silver. I am curious as to why you keep a minor error like that die crack? Is it worth much over face value?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread