THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
lol, bounty hunter QuickDraw II
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prior to leaving for vacation we made a quick stop at our local chase. We picked up the only five rolls they had and one was a jackpot! All 20 was silver 40%! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469806601.767381.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
THBrock

THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Any 1970s or proofs in there?

No 70's or proofs. All 65, 66, 67, 68, and 69's but an entire roll. Our first ever! We will visit this location again. Apparently there is a living assisted type home near by. That could yield the highest return.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No 70's or proofs. All 65, 66, 67, 68, and 69's but an entire roll. Our first ever! We will visit this location again. Apparently there is a living assisted type home near by. That could yield the highest return.

:occasion14: Congrats as a solid roll is a rare find indeed. BTY if you can weigh your 65s as there were some error coins minted using a 12.5 grams (90% silver) blank instead of the new(starting that year) 11.5 grams (40% silver) blank. Another error coin is there were some 66 halves which are missing the designer's initials on the reverse side of the coin. Check for both of them. I do on all my 65 & 66 half dollars I find.
HH
Gary

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Now that must have put a smile on your face :icon_thumleft: when you spotted that roll. Great find, hope you can pick up some more in the next few visits to that bank.

OP
OP
THBrock

THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14: Congrats as a solid roll is a rare find indeed. BTY if you can weigh your 65s as there were some error coins minted using a 12.5 grams (90% silver) blank instead of the new(starting that year) 11.5 grams (40% silver) blank. Another error coin is there were some 66 halves which are missing the designer's initials on the reverse side of the coin. Check for both of them. I do on all my 65 & 66 half dollars I find.
HH
Gary

I'll check those when I get back home. Thanks for the reminder.

OP
OP
THBrock

THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that must have put a smile on your face :icon_thumleft: when you spotted that roll. Great find, hope you can pick up some more in the next few visits to that bank.

A smile? So my wife went in to family dollar for a few things and left her phone in the truck. The smile was so big, I spit her at the register and I start blowing the horn to get her attention. She understood my ridiculous sign language. She came out smiling and said, no way, an entire roll? The other four rolls were skunks and she was a bit jealous but happy for me.

Last week we found a bird sitting in a vault for about 13 years. It yielded over 40 silver coins. I was the jealous one when her and my daughter found four silvers in a roll back to back and my daughter found a proof. Our first proof ever. We have been soaking in the smiles lately, thanks.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Brock: I wish my wife could show just a little interest or excitement in CRH as yours. Keep at it & have fun doing it.

OP
OP
THBrock

THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brock: I wish my wife could show just a little interest or excitement in CRH as yours. Keep at it & have fun doing it.

Thanks. It was easy to tell her hat I wanted to have extra retirement money and explain the value of the 40% and the 90% halves vs .50 face value paid for it. She must be thinking vacations or shopping. Either way I'm blessed because she'll metal detect with me even if it's all clad. We thrift shop for treasures all though we're not any good at that yet. She's a keeper!

OP
OP
THBrock

THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah my girlfriend has zero to no interest in this hobby...

Get a rope! Just kidding. You have to show her the value. Maybe get a cheap metal detector and go hit up a playground and let her dog and find the treasure. If you get a sterling ring, she'll be hooked.

Then the coins will make sense to her too. Try attending a coin show because shops are just not enough.

Also, the first silver my wife wanted and showed interest in was a silver panda. When we are organizing our collection or just browsing it, she always makes sure "her" coin is in tact in its air tight container. It's a BU for sure. Not a bag mark or scratch on it. To take it further I bought her a 1/10 oz gold panda charm for her rope necklace. She takes pride in her coins and that allows me to get my krugerrand and my silvers. Good luck bud.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions