THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
lol, bounty hunter QuickDraw II
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found three of these in our boxes today. Two in one box and one in another box. Coins were wrapped by Dunbar if that means anything. It has some overlay on the obverse of the 2005 halve and a normal reverse. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470356734.829216.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470356756.303297.jpg

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A late night TV special. Companies slap stickers on half dollars and sell them as collectible, but there's no real value.

OP
OP
THBrock

THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
lol, bounty hunter QuickDraw II
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A late night TV special. Companies slap stickers on half dollars and sell them as collectible, but there's no real value.

Right! I've just never seen these and hunt halves so it was weird to find three of them.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Same story when Obama won his election. Scammers put a sticker of his face on half dollars and sold them to would-be suckers for $2.50 +shipping. What a rip-off.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same story when Obama won his election. Scammers put a sticker of his face on half dollars and sold them to would-be suckers for $2.50 +shipping. What a rip-off.

I heard these sold phenomenally well. I will just leave it at that - you can draw your own conclusions. Just sayin.

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found 100's of them. Presidents, military generals from different wars, national monuments, Popes etc....
I used to save them but like NIFC, clad proofs & plated halves it starts to eat up your available funds for CRHing.
I saw an add lately selling REAL gold plated half dollars for 8.95 each. LOL

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread